First Scholars' Symposium at Nyack Rockland April 6
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Friday March 19, 2010
The campus community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni are invited to attend Nyack's first Scholars' Symposium on Tuesday, April 6 on the Rockland campus. This event is an outgrowth of the Faculty Scholarly Dialogue Committee formed by Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, Dr. James Danaher, Prof. Amy Davis, Dr. Dion Harrigan, Dr. Leonard Kageler, and Prof. Susanne Hartl.
The papers that faculty will present were completed during a sabbatical or as a result of a research grant each was provided by Nyack/ATS. Sessions will be held at 9:35 a.m. and 11:10 a.m. in Boon Center, Hilltop, Moseley, Pardington Hall, Simpson Hall, and Sky Island. Students will be required to attend two sessions and an assignment will be written into all syllabi on the Rockland campus.
Presenters from the college and seminary are:
Dr. David Ahn, Computer Science
Dr. Fernando Arzola, Jr., Assoc. Dean, College of Arts & Science
Dr. Carol Awasu, Social Work
Dr. Charles Awasu, Sociology
Dr. Vilma Balmaceda, Political Science
Dr. Ronald Belsterling, Youth Ministry
Dr. Stephen Bennett, Bible
Dr. Frank Chan, Assoc. Dean, College of Bible & Christian Ministry
Dr. William Crockett, New Testament
Dr. James Danaher, Philosophy
Prof. Amy Davis, Bible
Prof. Susanne Hartl, Business
Dr. Leonard Kageler, Christian Education
Dr. Marie Herseth Kenote, Music
Dr. Dongsu Kim, Bible
Prof. Mayra Lopez-Humphreys, Social Work
Dr. Tammy Lum, Music
Dr. Stephen Maret, Psychology
Prof. Brad McDuffie, English
Dr. Jim Nichols, Education
Dr. R. Steven Notley, Bible
Dr. Martin Sanders, Pastoral Theology
Dr. Ronald Walborn, Dean, ATS
Dr. Steven Ware, Historical Theology
PLEASE NOTE: The correct date of the Symposium is Tuesday, April 6. It was incorrectly reported in Enews March/April as April 16.
For more information, please contact Mrs. Sarah Binkele at 845.675.4419.
- Nyack College Golf Class Return to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Director of Ensemble Is a Nominee for Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Browse Blog Archive>>