Nyack's Warrior Women Bring Home CACC Title
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday March 8, 2010
Nyack's Women Warriors clinched the 2009-2010 Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC) basketball title this past weekend, finishing with a score of 45-43 over Holy Family University. The two teams will represent the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference at the National Collegiate Athletic Conference (NCAA) Division II Women's Basketball East Region Tournament this week. No. 8 Nyack will play No. 1 seed and regional host, Franklin Pierce University, on Friday, March 12 at Fitchburg State College in Fitchburg, MA.
Says Head Coach, Josh Thompson, "I'm so proud of my team. This whole season is a testimony of what God can do in and through each one of us when we seek Him first and give Him all the glory. The thing that excites me the most is seeing how God has worked in the hearts of each player and each coach and drawn us closer to Him and to each other. We are all very excited about playing in the NCAA tournament (Nyack's first team ever) and representing Nyack College on the national stage! God is good!"
Congratulations to Josh Thompson who was named Coach of the Year and to Jasmine Minter, who was named the Tournament's Most Valuable Player after contributing 13 points, seven rebounds and seven assists!
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>