Nyack DC Spring Lecture Series
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday March 4, 2010
The Institute for Public Service & Policy Development on the Nyack College DC campus will partner with the Institute for Global Engagement to co-sponsor three free lectures. The theme of the spring series is, “Christian Contributions to the Middle East Conflict.” Featured speakers are:
Michael Gerson, Wednesday, March 17 on “ Faith or Fanaticism.” Gerson is an opinion writer at The Washington Post and senior research fellow at the Institute for Global Engagement's Center on Faith & International Affairs. A former policy adviser and chief speechwriter to President George W. Bush from 2000 to 2006, he was a senior editor covering politics at U.S. News & World Report. His book, Heroic Conservatism, was published by HarperOne in 2007.
E.J. Dionne, Thursday, April 29 on “Cries for Justice.” Dionne is a columnist for The Washington Post. Before joining The Post in 1990 as a political reporter, he spent 14 years at The New York Times, covering local, state, and national politics, and also served as a foreign correspondent in Paris, Rome and Beirut. He is a university professor at Georgetown University and a senior fellow at The Brookings Institution. Dionne has been a frequent commentator on politics for National Public Radio, ABC's "This Week," and NBC's "Meet the Press."
Dr. Andrea Bartoli, Wednesday, May 19 on “Overcoming Violence” Bartoli has been the Institute for Conflict Analysis and Resolution’s Drucie French Cumbie Chair at George Mason University since 2007. The founding director of Columbia University’s Center for International Conflict Resolution (CICR), a senior research scholar at the School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), a teaching fellow at Georgetown University, and at the University of Siena, Dr. Bartoli has taught in the US since 1994.
Each lecture will be held at the U.S. Capitol with refreshments beginning at 6:30 p.m., presentations at 7:15 p.m., followed by a question & answer session. The receptions and public lectures are open to the public.
Learn more at www.nyack.edu/DC or by calling 202.220.1300.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>