CICU Honors Nyack Alumnus Frank Dalene
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday March 2, 2010
(l-r) Lori Dalene, Roy Dalene, President Michael Scales, Frank Dalene, and Gwen Dalene
Mr. Frank Dalene, a 1977 graduate of Nyack College was one of 23 men and women in New York who was honored on Monday, March 1 by the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU) at an awards ceremony at the New York State Capitol Building. The distinguished alumni were acknowledged for their contributions to New York State's economy by the CICU Board of Trustees. An exhibit of the honoree profiles will be on display in the Legislative Office Building in Albany March 15-19.
Mr. Dalene is president and co-founder of Telemark, Inc., and vice president of Hamptons Luxury Homes, Inc., businesses he owns with his brother and partner, Roy Dalene. Telemark is one of the nation's premiere construction services companies. In 2009, Dalene received the Entrepreneur of the Year Award for New York State from the American Business Defense and Advisory Council, headed by former Republican Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich. In 2008, Dalene was a leader in forming Hamptons Green Alliance, a non-profit association of building industry professionals who promote "green building" technologies.
Beyond his studies at Nyack College, Dalene, a religion major, is largely self-taught. As a result of his extensive research in green building, he developed a mechanism that reduces greenhouse gas emissions by identifying the carbon footprint of manufactured products. In November 2009, he was invited to be a panelist with scientists from around the world at New York State's Advance Energy Conference in Hauppauge.
An award-winning advocate for sustainable building and an educator to the green building industry, Dalene is active in many trade associations. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Lions Eye Bank for Long Island. He is also the immediate past president and co-chair of the Health and Sight Committee of the East Hampton Lions Club and is co-founder of the Dalene Family Foundation.
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>