NYACK Announces Scholarship Funds at Benefit Concert
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday February 25, 2010
Nyack College co-sponsored a gospel concert featuring recording artist, Paige Strackman, a Grammy nominated former soloist with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir on Friday, February 26 at 8:00 p.m. at Weill Recital Hall in Carnegie Hall. Mrs. Strackman’s recently released debut CD is entitled, Who Can Compare to You?
With her husband, Billy and their three children—Chedera, Christopher, and Conner—LemonAID FOR HAITI was founded to feed children in Haiti prior to the January 12 earthquake. Proceeds from this concert will purchase food for hungry children in the devastated country.
In addition to partnering with the Strackmans and LemonAID FOR HAITI, Dr. Michael G. Scales recently announced that Nyack College will invest in the earthquake-torn nation through a broader institutional effort. In a recent statement, he shared that over a four to five year period Nyack will provide “10 full tuition undergraduate college scholarships and 10 full tuition seminary scholarships—worth more than $1 million—to students who have been displaced by the earthquake and who will commit to returning to Haiti to become a part of a new generation of leadership that will rebuild that nation.”
For more information on the scholarships, contact Mr. Lesly Milord, Associate Director of Admissions at the Nyack New York City campus at 212.625.0500.
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- 15-City Promo Tour for Nyack NYC Campus Music Prof Damien Sneed
- Becker Professional Education Presentation
- FEBRUARY 23-24: Pianist Marcelo Liano in Concert at Nyack Rockland
- Colloquium Series Features Dr. Kale Yu on "Earth in Mind"
- Denise Lewis Patrick, Award-Winning Author and Nyack Adjunct, Presents Connected Souls
- Nursing Alumni Return to Share Their Journey
- Nyack College Partners with the Luis Palau Association
- Nyack Reps at NY Student Aid Alliance Advocacy Day in Albany
- Damien Sneed, NYC Music Faculty, in PBS Documentary on Work by Wynton Marsalis
- Andrew White in Concert at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack AGSC Professor and Students Published in Journal
- Kathy Schwarz, First 2015 Nyack Critical Reads Presenter
- Nyack College Partners With the Luis Palau Evangelistic Association
- Browse Blog Archive>>