Nearly $1,000 Received at NYC Campus Chapel Service for Haiti
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday February 22, 2010
The Nyack Experience at the New York City campus hosted a special chapel service on Wednesday February 24 at 5 p.m. Those who perished in the earthquake, as well as survivors, were remembered during this service of prayer, praise, and worship. Students who are from Haiti or have loved ones in Haiti shared testimonies and a message of comfort was shared by Rev. James Deas, who is a Nyack student and a pastor.
Attendees were asked to bring an offering of at least $5 to donate to Caribbean Grace Tabernacle for a ministry that feeds some 400-500 Haitian children weekly. Nearly $1,000 was donated.
For more information, contact the Nyack New York City Office of Student Development at 646.378.6133.
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>