Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program is Approved!
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday January 12, 2010
Nyack College and ATS President Dr. Michael G. Scales along with Provost/Vice President of Academic Affairs Dr. David F. Turk announced to the campus community that the New York State Board of Regents approved Nyack's application to offer the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, which will launch in fall 2010.
Says Dr. Scales, Nyack’s 12th president, “There are documents going back 50 years showing that a nursing program was in discussion. In the entire history of this institution, this is our first health professional degree!”
“Gratitude and congratulations go out to Dr. Inseon Hwang and Dr. Ben Schepens for all their diligent work in seeing this program through the arduous approval process,” Dr. Turk shares. He adds that Dr. Teresa Wood has also given invaluable service as a consultant over the past two years.
For more information,phone Director of Undergraduate Admissions, Dinesh Mahtani at 1.800.33.NYACK (69225) or email Dinesh.Mahtani@nyack.edu for information on the curriculum and the application process. Details on the program, including curriculum can be found at http://nyack.edu/content/Nursing_Home.
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- June 25 Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Nyack Alumnus Dr. Ty Buckman Named Provost at Mary Baldwin University
- 2017 Grads Are Nyack's Inaugural Class of Biology Majors
- Nyack Grads on "Good Morning, America" Segment
- Commitment to Mission Awards to Dean Glenn Koponen and Dean Wanda Velez
- The Legacy of Service at Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary
- Soccer Team Online Fundraiser
- Dr. Ron Walborn at Christian Health Care Center on "Embracing Your Grief"
- NATIONAL NURSES WEEK: Cheryle Phenicie, R.N.
- Celebrating Nyack's School of Nursing Graduates
- Class of 2017....You Did It!
- Browse Blog Archive>>