DC Campus Dean Moderates Blog on Compassion
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday December 7, 2009
Personal transformation is one of the five Nyack College core values. Living, as well as teaching, the values exemplifies Nyack’s commitment to integrating faith, learning and spiritual transformation.
Nyack College DC has partnered with the Central Union Mission, the oldest social service agency in Washington, DC, which is a part of Gospel Rescue Missions, during the organization’s 125th anniversary.
The faith-based 501(c)3 nonprofit has four locations throughout the Washington area and operates an 18-month rehabilitation program for men, a free meals program, a clothing and furniture distribution center, and a 220-acre retreat center with a camp for underprivileged children and recreation facilities for the community.
In conjunction with this anniversary year-partnership, DC campus Associate Dean Patricia Johnson is moderating a blog on compassion. The current blog leader is Mark Earley (pictured at left), president of Prison Fellowship, founded by Chuck Colson, which is an outreach to prisoners, ex-prisoners, and their families. He is a former Attorney General of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Visit http://www.missiondc.org/blog/ to read Earley's article, “Cultivating a Compassionate Heart.”
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>