Nyack College Rockland On Diversity Day Itinerary
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday November 23, 2009
Diversity Dimensions Participants
Dr. Ram Nagubamdi, Human Rights Commissioner for Rockland County and Leadership Rockland Executive Board member invited Earl Miller, Nyack’s Director of Community Relations, to serve as the Head Coordinator for Diversity Dimensions Day to bring a more experiential dynamic to the program.
Participants were provided with an overview of the experience of living in today's culturally diverse society. The recent daylong agenda kicked off with breakfast at Nyack’s Rockland campus and traveled throughout the county to spots including the Hibernian House in Pearl River; Finkelstein Library/Holocaust Museum in Spring Valley, the CEJJES Institute in Pomona and Rockland Community College Haverstraw Extension site.
Content of Diversity Dimensions included discussions about the cultural demographics of Rockland County, how and when different cultures came to the County, and what diversity brings to different aspects of life in Rockland. Time was spent exploring the myths and the realities of cultural diversity and identifying the challenges that arise in the context of education, economic development, public policy and community development.
For more information on Leadership Rockland, visit http://leadershiprockland.org.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Tournament Luncheon Speaker
- August 31: Last Day for Early Bird Rates for CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Browse Blog Archive>>