CCCU President Visits Nyack
Nyack College recently welcomed Dr. Paul R. Corts, fifth president of the Washington, DC-based Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU,) to the Rockland campus.
Dr. Corts met with President Michael Scales, other Nyack administrators, and faculty. At a special reception, he shared observations of nationwide trends and patterns in campus life and academia with student leaders.
Asked by a student officer about how to effectively manage the demands of studies and extra-curricula activities, he offered the small group simple, yet profound advice: “Keep the main thing, the main thing.” Corts, also a former president of Palm Beach Atlantic University and Wingate University in North Carolina, urged them to wake up seeking God’s will for each day and to stay focused on that particular purpose.
Nyack is a past recipient of the CCCU’s Robert and Susan Andringa Award for Advancing Racial Harmony, which celebrates the achievements of CCCU campuses making progress in the areas of diversity, racial harmony, and reconciliation. In 2001, Nyack shared this distinction with Calvin College, located in Grand Rapids, MI.
For more than three decades the CCCU has been intentional about advancing “the cause of Christ-centered higher education and to help the 111-member institutions transform lives by faithfully relating scholarship and service to biblical truth.”
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>