Nyack DC Welcomes New Visiting Fellow
Dr. Alan Baker was recently named Visiting Fellow at Nyack’s Washington, DC campus. He will serve in an advisory role to Dean Richard Gathro and Associate Dean Patricia Johnson on leadership studies. Nyack welcomes Dr. Baker’s development of organizational vision and innovative thinking.
With extensive experience at the federal executive level leading large organizations, his Navy career culminated in his appointment to Rear Admiral and assignment as the 16th Chaplain of the U.S. Marine Corps. This Master Training Specialist designated by the Navy Chief of Education and Training (NETC) has a secondary specialty in education and training management.
For more than 20 years, Dr. Baker has managed and led initiatives for change in education, ministry, and senior management of large and diverse organizations within the federal government. His most recent leadership role includes resource acquisition and development, strategic planning, organizational development, operations management, resource allocation, leadership training, program design, and curriculum development managed through a staff of 600 operating globally.
Dr. Baker earned a Master of Divinity degree from Fuller Theological Seminary and was ordained by the Reformed Church in America. He also holds a Doctorate of Ministry from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
He and his wife, Marla, live in Washington, DC. They have two grown daughters.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>