Nyack DC Welcomes New Visiting Fellow
Dr. Alan Baker was recently named Visiting Fellow at Nyack’s Washington, DC campus. He will serve in an advisory role to Dean Richard Gathro and Associate Dean Patricia Johnson on leadership studies. Nyack welcomes Dr. Baker’s development of organizational vision and innovative thinking.
With extensive experience at the federal executive level leading large organizations, his Navy career culminated in his appointment to Rear Admiral and assignment as the 16th Chaplain of the U.S. Marine Corps. This Master Training Specialist designated by the Navy Chief of Education and Training (NETC) has a secondary specialty in education and training management.
For more than 20 years, Dr. Baker has managed and led initiatives for change in education, ministry, and senior management of large and diverse organizations within the federal government. His most recent leadership role includes resource acquisition and development, strategic planning, organizational development, operations management, resource allocation, leadership training, program design, and curriculum development managed through a staff of 600 operating globally.
Dr. Baker earned a Master of Divinity degree from Fuller Theological Seminary and was ordained by the Reformed Church in America. He also holds a Doctorate of Ministry from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary.
He and his wife, Marla, live in Washington, DC. They have two grown daughters.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>