Nyack Music Prof Featured in SUNY Quadricentennial Concert
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Thursday October 22, 2009
Nyack Rockland's School of Music professor, Dr. Tammy Lum, will be a featured performer in a musical salute to the quadricentennial celebration sponsored by the State University of New York (SUNY) Orange County Community College Symphonic Band on Friday, October 23 at the Paramount Theatre, 17 South St. in Middletown, NY. Dr. Lum will debut Merle Patterson's arrangement of George Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue."
A gifted pianist with both national and international acclaim, Dr. Lum has appeared as a soloist with the Hong Kong Sinfonietta and Hong Kong Philharmonic, Augusta (GA) Symphony Orchestra, and the Sarah Lawrence Symphony. Her solo recitals have been showcased on the stages of Alice Tully Hall in New York City, La Salle Cortot in Paris, and City Hall Theatres in Hong Kong.
This dynamic recording artist is the winner of international competitions, including the New Orleans International Piano Competition (1995), the Leschetizky Foundation Competition (1990), the Mieczyslaw Munz Foundation Scholarship competition (1988), ) and the Young Keyboard Artists Association (1985).
The concert is hosted by SUNY Orange's Arts and Communication Department. For more information, call 845.341.4787 or 845.341.4393. Admission is $5.00.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>