Nyack DC's Washington Institute for Public Service & Policy Hosts Lectures
The Washington Institute for Public Service & Policy Development at Nyack College in Washington DC is the host of “The Imperiled Promise of the Common Good,” a fall lecture series at the Hall of States Building at 444 North Capitol Street, NW. Light refreshments are served at 6:30 pm and lectures begin at 7:00 p.m. The public is welcome to attend these free events.
Thomas Gibson, editor and cartoonist, was the first lecturer on September 24. He spoke on “The Imperiled Promise of Freedom of the Press.” Gibson’s work has appeared in USA Today. He has also worked for The Washington Post, The Atlantic Monthly, The New York Times, and the National Journal.
On October 22, the second lecture in the series will be jointly sponsored with the Center for Public Justice and the Washington Institute. Clarke Cochran, vice president for mission integration for the Covenant Health System in Lubbock, TX is the guest speaker for the fifteenth annual Kuyper Lecturer. His topic is “The Imperiled Promise of Healthcare Reform.”
The final lecture is scheduled for November 11 with Michael Duffy, TIME Magazine’s assistant managing editor. Duffy will speak on “The Imperiled Promise of Religious Leadership in Politics.” He is the author of The Preacher and the Presidents: Billy Graham in the White House, and has covered the Pentagon, the Congress, the White House, and national politics for more than two decades.
“We hope this lecture series will promote conversations about the elements that make our democratic society unique and the challenges that threaten it,” Dr. Richard Gathro, Nyack DC dean said.
The Washington Institute for Public Service & Policy Development prepares men and women for national and international government and non-profit service.
For more information on the lecture series or on degree programs at Nyack DC, phone 202.220.1300 or email email@example.com.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>