Nyack DC's Washington Institute for Public Service & Policy Hosts Lectures
The Washington Institute for Public Service & Policy Development at Nyack College in Washington DC is the host of “The Imperiled Promise of the Common Good,” a fall lecture series at the Hall of States Building at 444 North Capitol Street, NW. Light refreshments are served at 6:30 pm and lectures begin at 7:00 p.m. The public is welcome to attend these free events.
Thomas Gibson, editor and cartoonist, was the first lecturer on September 24. He spoke on “The Imperiled Promise of Freedom of the Press.” Gibson’s work has appeared in USA Today. He has also worked for The Washington Post, The Atlantic Monthly, The New York Times, and the National Journal.
On October 22, the second lecture in the series will be jointly sponsored with the Center for Public Justice and the Washington Institute. Clarke Cochran, vice president for mission integration for the Covenant Health System in Lubbock, TX is the guest speaker for the fifteenth annual Kuyper Lecturer. His topic is “The Imperiled Promise of Healthcare Reform.”
The final lecture is scheduled for November 11 with Michael Duffy, TIME Magazine’s assistant managing editor. Duffy will speak on “The Imperiled Promise of Religious Leadership in Politics.” He is the author of The Preacher and the Presidents: Billy Graham in the White House, and has covered the Pentagon, the Congress, the White House, and national politics for more than two decades.
“We hope this lecture series will promote conversations about the elements that make our democratic society unique and the challenges that threaten it,” Dr. Richard Gathro, Nyack DC dean said.
The Washington Institute for Public Service & Policy Development prepares men and women for national and international government and non-profit service.
For more information on the lecture series or on degree programs at Nyack DC, phone 202.220.1300 or email email@example.com.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>