Nyack DC's Washington Institute for Public Service & Policy Hosts Lectures
The Washington Institute for Public Service & Policy Development at Nyack College in Washington DC is the host of “The Imperiled Promise of the Common Good,” a fall lecture series at the Hall of States Building at 444 North Capitol Street, NW. Light refreshments are served at 6:30 pm and lectures begin at 7:00 p.m. The public is welcome to attend these free events.
Thomas Gibson, editor and cartoonist, was the first lecturer on September 24. He spoke on “The Imperiled Promise of Freedom of the Press.” Gibson’s work has appeared in USA Today. He has also worked for The Washington Post, The Atlantic Monthly, The New York Times, and the National Journal.
On October 22, the second lecture in the series will be jointly sponsored with the Center for Public Justice and the Washington Institute. Clarke Cochran, vice president for mission integration for the Covenant Health System in Lubbock, TX is the guest speaker for the fifteenth annual Kuyper Lecturer. His topic is “The Imperiled Promise of Healthcare Reform.”
The final lecture is scheduled for November 11 with Michael Duffy, TIME Magazine’s assistant managing editor. Duffy will speak on “The Imperiled Promise of Religious Leadership in Politics.” He is the author of The Preacher and the Presidents: Billy Graham in the White House, and has covered the Pentagon, the Congress, the White House, and national politics for more than two decades.
“We hope this lecture series will promote conversations about the elements that make our democratic society unique and the challenges that threaten it,” Dr. Richard Gathro, Nyack DC dean said.
The Washington Institute for Public Service & Policy Development prepares men and women for national and international government and non-profit service.
For more information on the lecture series or on degree programs at Nyack DC, phone 202.220.1300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Alumna Alyssa Cruz Presents on Technology-Infused and Data-Driven Lesson Planning
- #GivingTuesday for Nyack's Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico
- Three Nyack Warriors on 2017 Men's Soccer All-Academic Team
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- Browse Blog Archive>>