Nyack Named a Military Friendly School
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday August 25, 2009
G.I. Jobs magazine has named Nyack College a 2010 Military Friendly School after the publication’s research and tracking of our nation’s institutions of higher education.
Dr. Scales was recently notified of the recognition, which places Nyack in the top 15% of all American colleges, universities, and trade schools that welcome military members and veterans pursuing degree programs. A plaque will be presented to commemorate the distinction. In addition, Nyack will be included in the September 2009, Guide to Military Friendly Schools.
In his letter to President Scales, G.I. Jobs magazine publisher, Rich McCormack stated, “Clearly you have an interest in recruiting military students and I urge you to continue your already stellar efforts by improving your military-friendliness every year. On behalf of the eight million military members and veterans seeking a school, I thank you for your commitment to educating our nation’s most deserving heroes."
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>