Nyack Named a Military Friendly School
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday August 25, 2009
G.I. Jobs magazine has named Nyack College a 2010 Military Friendly School after the publication’s research and tracking of our nation’s institutions of higher education.
Dr. Scales was recently notified of the recognition, which places Nyack in the top 15% of all American colleges, universities, and trade schools that welcome military members and veterans pursuing degree programs. A plaque will be presented to commemorate the distinction. In addition, Nyack will be included in the September 2009, Guide to Military Friendly Schools.
In his letter to President Scales, G.I. Jobs magazine publisher, Rich McCormack stated, “Clearly you have an interest in recruiting military students and I urge you to continue your already stellar efforts by improving your military-friendliness every year. On behalf of the eight million military members and veterans seeking a school, I thank you for your commitment to educating our nation’s most deserving heroes."
- Tickets On Sale for United Praise Gospel Concert August 11 at Barclays Center
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, "Mutual by Design" Conference Speaker
- Lauren Lebo, Lacrosse Head Coach
- SAVE THE DATES! September 29 & 30: Borderline Music Festival
- El-Araj Excavation Update and Photo Gallery
- RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
- From Dr. Steve Notley in Israel: AJCO Dig Discovery!
- AGSC's Marriage & Family Therapy Ranked #4 Among Top 25 Counseling Programs in the Northeast
- Nyack Basketball Alumni Compete at IBall National Pro Combine
- School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
- Celebrating the Life of ATS Alumna Aliceteen Taylor
- Memorial Service for Robin Luce
- Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
- Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
- Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
- Nyack Profs Present at The Great Fish Count
- 2017 Sports Camp for Youth at Nyack College
- Nyack Alumni Sean Pica and Luis Diaz on SiriusXM Broadcast
- Nyack Scholars Symposium Presentation Proposal Deadline
- Rockland Leaders Gather to Show Appreciation for Community Relations Director Earl Miller
- Remembering Robin Luce
- Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
- Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
- Pastor Charles Galbreath Special Guest on Donna Baptiste Ministries Radio Broadcast
- School of Music Profs Conduct Three-Day Vocal/Opera Institute
- Browse Blog Archive>>