Nyack DC Campus Appoints Visiting Fellow
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday July 13, 2009
Dr. Jerry S. Herbert, current Director of the American Studies Program of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU), has been named Visiting Fellow and Faculty Adjunct at Nyack’s Washington, DC campus. He will serve in an advisory capacity to Dean Richard Gathro and Associate Dean Patricia Johnson.
Dr. Herbert will provide counsel and volunteer support for the development of new programs at the DC campus. As a member of the adjunct faculty, Dr. Herbert will teach worldview and ethics classes, an area of specialty that he has developed during his 28 years of association with the CCCU. Recognized as a gifted educator, he holds a Ph.D. from Duke University in political science, has been active with the Center for Public Justice, and is an elder at Washington Community Fellowship on Capitol Hill. He and his wife, Jeannie, live in Arlington, VA. They have three grown sons.
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>