Bachelor of Science in Adolescent Education Comes to Nyack NYC
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Monday July 13, 2009
Dr. JoAnn Looney, dean of the School of Education, recently announced that two new education degrees will be added at the Nyack New York City campus. A Bachelor of Science in Adolescent Education in Social Studies (History) and in Adolescent Education (English) will be launched in the fall of 2009.
The curriculum is an approved program under the provisions and regulations of the Commissioner of Education and the Division of Teacher Education and Certification of the Department of Higher Education of the State of New York. Completion of these studies leads to recommendation for the initial certificate for teaching adolescents in the schools of New York (grades 7-12), as well as for an ACSI teaching certificate.
Nyack’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
For more information on the new adolescent education programs or other undergraduate programs, contact the Admissions Office at 800.33.NYACK for the Nyack, NY campus, 877.626.2236 at the New York City campus.
- TODAY: The Amasi Trio Concert at 12:30 PM
- Emerging Technology Students Showcased in Spring Show
- Rockland Chapter of Alpha Chi National Honor Society Adds Nyack College Students
- Nyack/ATS Commencement Ceremony Will Be Streamed Live at www.nyack.edu
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Browse Blog Archive>>