Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Comes to Nyack
Nyack College president, Dr. Michael G. Scales, recently announced that the New York State Education Department has approved the college’s application to offer an undergraduate degree program in criminal justice. The Bachelor of Science in criminal justice, Nyack’s 33rd undergraduate major, will be launched in the fall of 2009 on both the Rockland County and New York City campuses.
The new criminal justice major, in Nyack’s School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, is designed to help students develop a comprehensive understanding of crime and the criminal justice system in our nation. Students will be prepared for careers in law enforcement, private security, social welfare services, law office assistants, secret service, criminal law, rehabilitation of criminals, juvenile justice, loss prevention, criminalistics, forensic science, juvenile justice, corrections, probation and parole. It will also provide a strong foundation for those who want to pursue graduate studies in criminal justice or law.
The vision is to equip practitioners with a restorative justice view of criminal justice that attempts to engage victims, offenders, the affected communities, and the government in bringing about deep and lasting solutions. By focusing on healing and restoration of victims, offenders, and communities affected by crime, the Nyack B.S. in Criminal Justice will emphasize
culturally sensitive service to individuals and families. Graduates of the program will integrate social and restorative justice principles with professional criminal justice skills and critical thinking that enables creative solutions to criminal behavior.
For more information on the new criminal justice degree or other undergraduate programs, contact the Admissions Office at 800.33.NYACK for the Nyack, NY campus, 877.626.2236 at the New York City campus.
- Office of Spiritual Formation Hosts Prayer Summit with Dave Powers
- Fall 2016 Colloquium Series at Nyack Rockland on Civic Engagement
- Education Conference at Alliance Theological Seminary with Dr. Eric Mazur
- Barb Shiffer: Well Done, Good and Faithful Servant!
- Get Tickets for Nyack's Production of West Side Story!
- Cast Your Vote for Josh and Jaclyn Blanchard!
- Remembering Tryphena Ramcharitar
- Every Day A Gift Concert, Music Prof and Transplant Recipient, Sungrai Sohn
- Service of Remembrance for Social Work Major Utopia Campbell
- ATS Alumna Karen Goff is VP at Agnes Scott College
- Alumna Rynae Rasley Joins U.S. Air Force Academy Coaching Staff
- Qian Ye, Nyack Alumna Featured in Global Mural Conference
- Celebrating the Service of a Pioneer: Drusila Nieves
- Listen Up! Nyack's WNYK 88.7FM
- 2016 CCCU Diversity Conference
- Coming to Nyack: A Science & Technology Entry Program (STEP) for Youth
- Holly Nichols: Keeping the Nyack Founder's Vision Alive
- Nyack President, Professors and Staff Are CCCU Diversity Conference Presenters
- Nyack Among Alliance Colleges Featured in Special Fall ALife
- A Prayer Walk From NYC to Chicago With ATS Alumnus Al Taylor
- Nyack Team at Sixth Annual Interfaith and Community Service Campus Challenge
- DEEPER LIFE SERIES: With Jon Tyson
- Seven Years Strong: Nyack's Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Nyack College Among Top Ethnically Diverse Regional Schools in the U.S.
- Chelsea Geyer (NC '12) Golf Classic Luncheon Speaker
- Browse Blog Archive>>