Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Comes to Nyack
Nyack College president, Dr. Michael G. Scales, recently announced that the New York State Education Department has approved the college’s application to offer an undergraduate degree program in criminal justice. The Bachelor of Science in criminal justice, Nyack’s 33rd undergraduate major, will be launched in the fall of 2009 on both the Rockland County and New York City campuses.
The new criminal justice major, in Nyack’s School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, is designed to help students develop a comprehensive understanding of crime and the criminal justice system in our nation. Students will be prepared for careers in law enforcement, private security, social welfare services, law office assistants, secret service, criminal law, rehabilitation of criminals, juvenile justice, loss prevention, criminalistics, forensic science, juvenile justice, corrections, probation and parole. It will also provide a strong foundation for those who want to pursue graduate studies in criminal justice or law.
The vision is to equip practitioners with a restorative justice view of criminal justice that attempts to engage victims, offenders, the affected communities, and the government in bringing about deep and lasting solutions. By focusing on healing and restoration of victims, offenders, and communities affected by crime, the Nyack B.S. in Criminal Justice will emphasize
culturally sensitive service to individuals and families. Graduates of the program will integrate social and restorative justice principles with professional criminal justice skills and critical thinking that enables creative solutions to criminal behavior.
For more information on the new criminal justice degree or other undergraduate programs, contact the Admissions Office at 800.33.NYACK for the Nyack, NY campus, 877.626.2236 at the New York City campus.
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Nyack College Scholarships for Winners of Feb 4 MLK Oratory Contest
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- 13 of Nyack's Fall Athletes Recognized for Their Academic Excellence
- Nyack's School of Music Headlines Concert at David Geffen Hall, Lincoln Center
- Global Service-Learning Director Updates on Nyack/ATS Teams in Israel
- Global Service-Learning Trip in Cuba with Drs. Ron and Wanda Walborn
- Winterim: ATS in Israel with Dr. Bryan Widbin
- Globetrotting--the Nyack Way
- Soo-il Lee Recognized by Korean American Behavioral Health Association
- In Memoriam [Ring out, wild bells] by Lord Alfred Tennyson
- What You Can Discover at Nyack
- Steve Gardner (NC '87; ATS '94) Making Snowflakes
- Marcus Jugenheimer: A Major in God's Army
- The Gift of Mentoring at Nyack for Sneha Chrispal
- The Nyack Story: More Than Numbers by Provost David Turk
- Dr. Gerard Becker Co-authors Award Winning Paper
- Staff Highlight: Mr. Dan Bailey, Director of Admissions, Rockland Campus
- A Love Gift at Home for the Holidays
- West Side Story Off-Broadway...A Successful Eight-Show Run
- Nyack Rockland School of Music Winter Concert
- West Side Story Wows Audiences
- Isa Agape: A WNYK Interview and Worship & Praise Night Leader
- Browse Blog Archive>>