Nyack President in 52nd Puerto Rican Day Parade
Take a look at the demographics of Nyack College students, faculty, staff, administrators, and trustees, and you’ll understand why Dr. Michael Scales has been praised and was honored with an Educational Leadership Project award from the National Puerto Rican Day Parade, Inc. (NPRDP).
At a banquet last month, coordinated by Dr. Aida Rosa, a New York City public school principal, the president and other administrators from Nyack celebrated with other educators and professionals who were identified as role models and educational advocates for young people.
On Sunday, June 14, Dr. Scales and his wife, Susan, proudly represented Nyack on the NPRDP Educational Leadership float. The parade traveled along Fifth Avenue from 44th Street to 86th Street and featured delegates from various towns of Puerto Rico and representatives of states nationwide.
“This honor is one that encourages me and affirms our core values, which includes embracing a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. I am pleased to celebrate the 52nd Puerto Rican Day Parade and the significance of its rich history,” the president shared.
- Vote and Send Isamar Lopez to "The Voice!
- The Amasi Trio Concert
- Emerging Technology Students Showcased in Spring Show
- Rockland Chapter of Alpha Chi National Honor Society Adds Nyack College Students
- Nyack/ATS Commencement Ceremony Will Be Streamed Live at www.nyack.edu
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Browse Blog Archive>>