Piano and Violin Concert Features Nyack Alumna
Nyack alumna, pianist Eunice Kim will be joined by award-winning international concert violinist, Jin Woo Lee, in concert at, 51 Sickletown Road in Pearl River, NY on Saturday, January 31 at 3:30 p.m.
Mr. Lee has performed in the United States, Korea, Germany, Switzerland, Slovenia, France, Italy, Netherlands, and Austria. ). The native of Seoul Korea began playing the violin at the age of four. He graduated from the Humboldt Grammar School in Cologne, Germany in 2001, received his Bachelor’s and master’s degree in Violin Performance from the Juilliard School, and is currently on a full scholarship studying in the Artist Diploma program at the Manhattan School of Music.
Nyack’s own Eunice Kim is an active soloist and sought after collaborative artist, performing numerous concerts each season in New York. She has collaborated with renowned artists such as New York Philharmonic concertmaster violinist, Glenn Dicterow and Grammy Award-winning violinist Mark O'Connor, and violist, Peter Kenote.
Miss Kim began playing the piano at the age of four. At age six, she won the Korean Young Musicians' Contest, and at age seven, the Korean Nationwide Piano Competition. Her teacher in Boston was Jung Ja Kim, Miss Kim continued her early studies at the Juilliard Preparatory Division with Olegna Fuschi and Earnest Barretta. Miss Kim subsequently won a scholarship at Nyack College, where she earned a Bachelor's degree in Piano Performance within three years, while studying piano with Tammy Lum. Now on the staff of The Juilliard School, she is a collaborative pianist and continues studies with Matti Raekallio and Ann Schein.
The January 31 program will include performances of Schubert's Sonatine in D and Fantasy, Beschorber 2-1 (premiere), Liebermann's Sonata, and Lutoslawski's Partita.
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>