Piano and Violin Concert Features Nyack Alumna
Nyack alumna, pianist Eunice Kim will be joined by award-winning international concert violinist, Jin Woo Lee, in concert at, 51 Sickletown Road in Pearl River, NY on Saturday, January 31 at 3:30 p.m.
Mr. Lee has performed in the United States, Korea, Germany, Switzerland, Slovenia, France, Italy, Netherlands, and Austria. ). The native of Seoul Korea began playing the violin at the age of four. He graduated from the Humboldt Grammar School in Cologne, Germany in 2001, received his Bachelor’s and master’s degree in Violin Performance from the Juilliard School, and is currently on a full scholarship studying in the Artist Diploma program at the Manhattan School of Music.
Nyack’s own Eunice Kim is an active soloist and sought after collaborative artist, performing numerous concerts each season in New York. She has collaborated with renowned artists such as New York Philharmonic concertmaster violinist, Glenn Dicterow and Grammy Award-winning violinist Mark O'Connor, and violist, Peter Kenote.
Miss Kim began playing the piano at the age of four. At age six, she won the Korean Young Musicians' Contest, and at age seven, the Korean Nationwide Piano Competition. Her teacher in Boston was Jung Ja Kim, Miss Kim continued her early studies at the Juilliard Preparatory Division with Olegna Fuschi and Earnest Barretta. Miss Kim subsequently won a scholarship at Nyack College, where she earned a Bachelor's degree in Piano Performance within three years, while studying piano with Tammy Lum. Now on the staff of The Juilliard School, she is a collaborative pianist and continues studies with Matti Raekallio and Ann Schein.
The January 31 program will include performances of Schubert's Sonatine in D and Fantasy, Beschorber 2-1 (premiere), Liebermann's Sonata, and Lutoslawski's Partita.
- Register by September 5 for Nyack's Leadership Speaker Series
- Remembering Lavern Dantzler, Nyack Alumna and Staff Member
- Amanda Halter, A Lady Warrior in Germany
- Celebrating the Life of Rick Santiago
- Jose Heredia (NC '09) at the Rose Nagelberg Theatre in Manhattan
- Carol Ann Freeman and Bonita D'Amil...Hearts for Hungary
- Gabrielle Do Goes Global With Her Spoken Word Artistry
- Nyack College Golf Classic Returns to Historic Saint Andrew's
- CCCU 2016 Diversity Conference at Nyack NYC
- Memorial Service for ATS Alum Mark Xavier Lewis
- Go Fish! or The Adventures of Dr. Peter Park
- ATS Dean Announces New Role: ATS Director, Dr. Louis DeCaro, Jr.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Willana Mack, Winner of the Tri-State Gospel Music Association Award
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Browse Blog Archive>>