Early Childhood Transitions Conference at Nyack
Dr. JoAnn Looney, dean and professor of Nyack’s School of Education, recently announced that Nyack's Rockland County campus will be the venue for the Early Childhood Transitions Conference scheduled for Thursday, January 8, 2009, in Shuman Hall and Boon Campus Center from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. The conference theme is “Brain Compatible Learning.”
This event is the collaborative effort of the Early Childhood Transition Program with co-sponsors, which include the Nyack Teacher Center, Nyack Public Schools, Nyack College/School of Education, Child Care Resources of Rockland and Clarkstown Public Schools.
The Early Childhood Transitions Program was established by the Nyack Teacher Center and Nyack Public Schools to better facilitate communication, interaction, and comradeship between kindergarten teachers and local preschool teachers. Dr. Stuart Knapp and Prof. Sherry Jarrett, Nyack College School of Education faculty, are conference committee members. Prof. Bonnie Parsekian, School of Education adjunct professor, will co-present a workshop entitled, "Connecting Standards to Classroom Practice."
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>