Nyack ESL Outreach Applauded
The ESL and Modern Language and Linguistics Departments at Nyack’s New York City campus were recently recognized by the Downtown Learning Center (DLC) in Brooklyn for their outreach initiatives to train ESL volunteers in faith-based organizations in the New York metropolitan area. During the graduation ceremony for 131 GED graduates and other students served by DLC, Prof. Peg Bowen, Director of ESL, was presented the award. The group cited an “appreciation for the department’s dedication and contribution to the intellectual and spiritual growth of the tutors and students of the Downtown Learning Center.”
For more than a year the NYC campus has been the site for free workshops developed for pastors, teachers, and ESL workers. Topics have included "Teaching with Technology (for the technically challenged),” “Literacy for English Language Learners (How to Teach Reading),” and “Methodology.” Representatives from leading educational publisher Pearson Longman have been on hand at the Nyack workshops to distribute free books to participants.
- RELEASE: Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary Commencement 2015
- Spotlight on Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center
- The Beat Goes On...Even at Intermission
- 2016 Global Service-Learning Trips For Nyack Students
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Spring Concert
- Nyack College Student Research Conference Winners
- Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Service With a Smile #NyackCityServe
- Pianist Johnny Walsh In Concert on Nyack Rockland Campus
- Music Students Minister at Morristown's Market Street Mission
- ATS Colloquium On State and Religion: The Case of Israel
- Live from New York...Nyack's School of Music at Avery Fisher Hall, Lincoln Center!
- Nyack Says Thank You to Community Sponsors
- Nyack...We're Here to Serve!
- Broken To Minister CD Launch Event at NYC Campus
- Browse Blog Archive>>