Nyack ESL Outreach Applauded
The ESL and Modern Language and Linguistics Departments at Nyack’s New York City campus were recently recognized by the Downtown Learning Center (DLC) in Brooklyn for their outreach initiatives to train ESL volunteers in faith-based organizations in the New York metropolitan area. During the graduation ceremony for 131 GED graduates and other students served by DLC, Prof. Peg Bowen, Director of ESL, was presented the award. The group cited an “appreciation for the department’s dedication and contribution to the intellectual and spiritual growth of the tutors and students of the Downtown Learning Center.”
For more than a year the NYC campus has been the site for free workshops developed for pastors, teachers, and ESL workers. Topics have included "Teaching with Technology (for the technically challenged),” “Literacy for English Language Learners (How to Teach Reading),” and “Methodology.” Representatives from leading educational publisher Pearson Longman have been on hand at the Nyack workshops to distribute free books to participants.
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>