2008 Distinguished Lecturer Series: Dr. Frederick DiBlasio
The Alliance Graduate School of Counseling on the Rockland Campus will host its annual Distinguished Lectureship Series featuring award-winning speaker, Dr. Frederick A. DiBlasio on Friday, May 30 at 7:30 p.m. in the chapel of Alliance Theological Seminary, 350 North Highland Ave. in Nyack.
Dr. DiBlasio, a therapist and professor of social work at the University of Maryland, will address the topic, “The Power of Forgiveness.” He co-wrote several recent articles including “Christ-like Love and Forgiveness: A biblical foundation for counseling practice” and “Empirical and theological exploration of a decision-based forgiveness intervention with committed Christian couples,” both for the Journal of Psychology and Christianity. He also co-wrote, “Christ-like love and forgiveness in marital counseling: Theory and practice implications” for Marriage and Family: A Christian Journal.
There is no charge for admission to the lecture. For directions or more information call, 1-800-541-6891.
- Nyack Critical Reads Colloquium Series Continues
- Passover Seder Celebrated at Nyack New York City
- Nyack Public Library Hosts Lecture by Nyack Dean
- In the Garden, a Flute Ensemble Recital
- Third Annual Student Research Conference at Nyack Rockland
- International Fellowship Day at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Amasi Trio Concert Rescheduled to April 23
- New York City Chorale Headlines Three Concerts
- NYACK'S SPRING PRODUCTION: J.B.
- Nyack College Rockland Chorale Performance of Mozart's Requiem
- Aramark Staff at Nyack Coordinates Global Volunteer Day
- Your Voice Counts: Approved NYS Budget FundsTAP Increases
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara Presents on The King Years
- Nyack's "Amazing Race"
- RELEASE: HBO Documentary Features Nyack Alumnus Sean Pica
- Browse Blog Archive>>