Dr. Richard Gathro Joins Nyack Washington, DC
The appointment of Dr. Richard Gathro to the role of Assistant to the President and Dean of the Nyack College Washington, DC campus was recently announced by President Michael G. Scales. He joins the Nyack administrative team on April 1.
At the Council of Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU), Dr. Gathro provided exemplary leadership in a variety of roles over the past three decades as Associate Director/Faculty Member for the American Studies Program (1978-1989); CCCU Vice President (1990-1998); CCCU Senior Vice President (1998-2004); CCCU Executive Vice President (2004-2007) and CCCU Senior Fellow (2007-present). He was honored at the 32nd Annual CCCU Presidents Conference in Washington, DC and will continue with the group in an advisory role as a permanent Senior Fellow.
Among his numerous accomplishments, Dr. Gathro created, developed, and led virtually all of the many CCCU student programs both domestic and international. He is currently
Senior Fellow, Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Washington, D.C.
President of the Fund for Integrated Education, Arlington, VA.
Trustee, Russian-American Christian University, Moscow, Russia
Lecturer, Washington Journalism Center, Washington, D.C.
Advisory Board Member for Brewing Culture (promoting creativity and the arts), Washington, D.C., Briner Institute (popular culture think-tank), Nashville, TN, International Association for the Promotion of Christian Higher Education (Iowa).
A chief enrollment officer at Trinity International University (Deerfield) prior to his CCCU tenure, Dr. Gathro’s first responsibility at Nyack will be to lead the DC team in their initiative of increased enrollment.
Dr. Gathro has also served with the Commission for Advancing Intercultural Competencies, the Commission for International Higher Education and the Commission for Campus Ministry Directors.
President Scales commented, “Richard Gathro has a well-deserved reputation for the successful training and mentoring of leaders—a skill much needed by our institution because of our growth, diversity and youth. More important than even his extraordinary capabilities is his compassionate heart. His vast network, nationally and internationally, is an invaluable asset for our future. He opens many new worlds for us. We are delighted to welcome Dr. Gathro and his wonderful wife, Kathy, to the Nyack family."
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>