Social Justice Day Speaker at Nyack Rockland
Nyack’s annual Social Justice Day luncheon will be held in Shuman Hall on Friday, January 18 at 12:30 p.m. on the Rockland County campus. This event is a prelude to celebrating the national Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday on Monday, January 21.
The 2008 recipient of the Social Justice Award will be C. Scott Vanderhoef, Rockland County Executive, who is currently serving his third term. The guest speaker for this popular event, which is well received by both the campus and the Rockland community, will be Mrs.Wylene Branton Wood. A dynamic educator and promoter of social justice and equality, Mrs. Wood is the president of the African American Historical Society of Rockland County. She also served as Co-Chair of La Amistad Project Committee for Haverstraw, NY.
Mrs. Wood is the wife of Dr. Cliff Wood, president of SUNY Rockland Community College and the daughter of Wiley Austin Branton Sr., who was lead counsel in Cooper vs. Aaron, better known as “The Little Rock Nine” case, which filed suit against attempts to delay the integration of Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Tickets for the luncheon are $50 per person. For more information phone 845.675.4589 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nyack/ATS Board of Trustees Meets at Battery Park Campus
- Nyack's School of Education: National Recognition...Times 9
- NYC Student Government Association Presents Black History Month Showcase
- School of Music Invites Faculty and Staff to Join Chorale Performance
- Nyack Among Local Colleges Offering Scholarships to MLK Oratory Contest Winners
- 2016 New York State Student Aid Advocacy Day
- Rave Review for New Album by Nyack NYC Alumnus Glauco Lima
- Spring Semester 2016 Deeper Life Series With Dr. Stanley John
- Gone Too Soon: Jonathan Perez (NC '09)
- Nyack's School of Social Work and Praxis Connections Partner on Leadership Forums
- Remembering Nyack Professor Emeritus, Dr. Eldon "Woody" Woodcock (1930-2016)
- Empower 2016 Open House
- Rockland County Colleges Partner on a Black History Month MLK Oratory Contest
- Remembering Longtime Nyack Friend, Dr. Susan G. Gordon
- Nyack's Literary Journal, The Fine Print, Announces Submissions Deadline
- January 29-30: Discipleship Conference With Neil Anderson at Nyack
- Nyack School of Music Profs and Alumni in Rockland Camerata Concert
- Nyack Alumnus Pens Book on First C&MA Mission Field
- 2016 Nyack Alumni & Friends Phonathon
- RELEASE: Nyack Receives Education Excellence Award from Beraca Baptist Church
- Remembering Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Basketball Teams Visit Upper Nyack Elementary School
- Nyack's Social Justice Celebration--An Important Change
- Dr. Elizabeth Swanson Voted a National Collegiate Choral Organization Officer
- Joseph and Mary of Bethlehem at ATS
- Browse Blog Archive>>