Thanksgiving Outreach: The Love Experience
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday November 20, 2007
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink (Matthew 25:35)
With the compassion of Christ energizing their efforts and demonstrating the mission to "provide a living, loving, and learning community environment," Nyack's Residence Life mobilized the college community to conduct a food drive. The collection, which took place last week, was organized to assure that families served by Head Start in Rockland County would have Thanksgiving meals. Bins were placed in each residence hall for students to make contributions. A central drop-off point was set up in Boon Campus center for faculty and staff to bring donations.
Director of Residence Life, Mrs. Wanda Velez, reports that 36 families--twelve families at each site in Nyack, Haverstraw, and Spring Valley, New York--were supplied with food. Members of the Residence Life professional staff were greeted at each Head Start by a social workers on the day the food was delivered. Some recipient families were also on hand to witness this generous outpouring of love.
Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me (Matthew 25:40).
Mrs. Velez and her staff would like to thank all workers and contributors who took the time to donate food or money to this holiday outreach.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>