Thanksgiving Outreach: The Love Experience
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday November 20, 2007
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink (Matthew 25:35)
With the compassion of Christ energizing their efforts and demonstrating the mission to "provide a living, loving, and learning community environment," Nyack's Residence Life mobilized the college community to conduct a food drive. The collection, which took place last week, was organized to assure that families served by Head Start in Rockland County would have Thanksgiving meals. Bins were placed in each residence hall for students to make contributions. A central drop-off point was set up in Boon Campus center for faculty and staff to bring donations.
Director of Residence Life, Mrs. Wanda Velez, reports that 36 families--twelve families at each site in Nyack, Haverstraw, and Spring Valley, New York--were supplied with food. Members of the Residence Life professional staff were greeted at each Head Start by a social workers on the day the food was delivered. Some recipient families were also on hand to witness this generous outpouring of love.
Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me (Matthew 25:40).
Mrs. Velez and her staff would like to thank all workers and contributors who took the time to donate food or money to this holiday outreach.
- Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary Alumni at Metro District Conference "Expectation"
- OCT 20-21: Movement Day New York City
- OCT 21: Saxophonist Jacob Nevill (NC '08) in Grace Church Concert
- OCT 23-25: Dave Powers Returns for Spiritual Formation's Prayer Summit 2017
- OCT 23: Nyack College School of Music Performance at Steinway Hall
- OCT 26: Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- OCT 29: Trunk or Treat Comes to Nyack College Rockland
- NOV 8-9: Nyack Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- NOV 4: Dr. Anna Flores-Locke to Present at American Counseling Association Event
- WNYK's October Alumni Spotlight: Stephen and Lauri (Boyd) McKnight
- First 2017-2018 Issue of The Forum is Released
- The Amasi Trio in Concert
- Fall Faculty Reading Features Dr. Charles Beach
- FOUNDER'S DAY CHAPEL: C&MA Canada President David Hearn
- Ron Blue Institute Center Comes to Nyack College
- WNYK Re-airs Segments of "Perspectives on Personal Living"
- Nyack Warrior Athletics and Nyack Health Services Host "Pink Out" Events
- Praise Report from Puerto Rico
- Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
- Dr. Lawrence Schiffman, Dead Sea Scrolls Scholar Visits Nyack New York City
- Fashion as WordArt Hosted by Nyack's Rockland Writing Center
- Cultivate Coffee Opens on Campus
- Who's Returning to the Hillside for Homecoming?
- Listening Party for Isaiah Velez
- Borderline Music Fest Features Nyack Alumnus "Skerrit Bwoy"
- Browse Blog Archive>>