Thanksgiving Outreach: The Love Experience
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday November 20, 2007
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink (Matthew 25:35)
With the compassion of Christ energizing their efforts and demonstrating the mission to "provide a living, loving, and learning community environment," Nyack's Residence Life mobilized the college community to conduct a food drive. The collection, which took place last week, was organized to assure that families served by Head Start in Rockland County would have Thanksgiving meals. Bins were placed in each residence hall for students to make contributions. A central drop-off point was set up in Boon Campus center for faculty and staff to bring donations.
Director of Residence Life, Mrs. Wanda Velez, reports that 36 families--twelve families at each site in Nyack, Haverstraw, and Spring Valley, New York--were supplied with food. Members of the Residence Life professional staff were greeted at each Head Start by a social workers on the day the food was delivered. Some recipient families were also on hand to witness this generous outpouring of love.
Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me (Matthew 25:40).
Mrs. Velez and her staff would like to thank all workers and contributors who took the time to donate food or money to this holiday outreach.
- Manhattan Campus Library Gets a New Name
- ATS Alumnus/Author Dimas Salaberrios, a Fox & Friends Guest
- Homecoming 2015: Nyack Alumni, Prepare to Dine!
- The Loss of AGSC Colleague, Dr. James Chin
- Forum on Restorative Justice Features Nyack Professor
- Math Prof Conducts Research at Seoul International Christian Academy in Korea
- Inspiration for a New Academic Year at Nyack/ATS
- School of Music: Trading Textbooks for iPads
- RELEASE: Nyack's 2015 Golf Classic at Saint Andrew's Golf
- Peter Rohdin: Responding to God's Call
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- RELEASE: Chronicle of Higher Ed Names Nyack a "2015 Great College to Work For"
- Fall 2015 Launch for School of Social Work's New MSW Program at Nyack
- Nursing School Students Volunteer at Walter Hoving Home
- Lauren Lebo, NCAA Division II Lacrosse Champ
- Nyack Manhattan Campus Students on Trinity Broadcasting Network
- Nyack's School of Nursing Dean, Dr. Elizabeth Simon Named a Fulbright Scholar
- Is Nyack For You? Are You for Nyack?
- Miriam Airoldi: Helping Others Find Dignity and Worth
- New Online! Master of Arts in Biblical Studies at ATS
- Into All the World!
- Browse Blog Archive>>