Thanksgiving Outreach: The Love Experience
Posted by Deborah.Walker on Tuesday November 20, 2007
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink (Matthew 25:35)
With the compassion of Christ energizing their efforts and demonstrating the mission to "provide a living, loving, and learning community environment," Nyack's Residence Life mobilized the college community to conduct a food drive. The collection, which took place last week, was organized to assure that families served by Head Start in Rockland County would have Thanksgiving meals. Bins were placed in each residence hall for students to make contributions. A central drop-off point was set up in Boon Campus center for faculty and staff to bring donations.
Director of Residence Life, Mrs. Wanda Velez, reports that 36 families--twelve families at each site in Nyack, Haverstraw, and Spring Valley, New York--were supplied with food. Members of the Residence Life professional staff were greeted at each Head Start by a social workers on the day the food was delivered. Some recipient families were also on hand to witness this generous outpouring of love.
Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me (Matthew 25:40).
Mrs. Velez and her staff would like to thank all workers and contributors who took the time to donate food or money to this holiday outreach.
- Tune In For a Special WNKY Segment With The Center for Human Development and Family Services
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at Nyack College
- Nyack College and Local Entrepreneurs to Compete for Over $22,000 in Prizes
- Academic Year 2017-2018 Applications Being Accepted for Student Leaders
- Student Spotlight: Jill Kim, AGSC Marriage and Family Therapy Major
- MARCH 2: An Authors' Talk Hosted by Ancient Judaism and Christian Origins Program
- MARCH 3: Nyack Rockland Associate Dean Wanda Velez, a Hope Gathering Speaker
- Dr. Amy Davis Abdallah, C&MA Metro District Women's Retreat Speaker
- WNYK Pays Tribute to Black History Month
- Feb 18: School of Music's Noel Wippler, a Featured Artist in Mid-Atlantic Jazz Festival
- FEB 18: Purpose Performs at Katonah Village Library
- Nyack Students Participate in NY Student Aid Alliance Event
- Recapturing the Art of Writing Love Letters
- Meet Dynamic NY Talent Trinity Rose on WNYK 88.7FM
- Accreditation Renewed for Nyack by the Association of Christian Schools International
- 2017 Alumni & Friends Phonathon Underway
- Yahoo! for Krysten Peek and Her 7-Continent Run
- Nyack Center Announces Winners of the Martin Luther King Oratory Contest
- Rev. Charles Galbreath--Nyack Chapel Speaker
- Deeper Life Series with Dr. Michael and Mrs. Lisa Plunket
- Udo Middelmann, Civic Engagement Speaker at Nyack Rockland and Nyack New York City
- ATS Alumni Among 2017 Pastors' Prayer Summit Leaders
- Dr. Jacqueline Washington Contributes to Research Article in Nature Microbiology
- Celebrating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nyack Community Remembers NYC Music Student Curtis Crum III
- Browse Blog Archive>>