November 14 Chapel Speaker: Tony Campolo
Tony Campolo, Founder and President of the Evangelical Association for the Promotion of Education (EAPE), will be the chapel speaker at Nyack College, Wednesday, November 14 at 10:00 on the Rockland campus in Bowman Gym. EAPE develops schools and programs in Third World countries and in cities across North America.
Professor Emeritus of Sociology at Eastern University in St. Davids, Pennsylvania and a graduate of Eastern College, with a Ph.D. from Temple University, Dr. Campolo served for ten years on the faculty of the University of Pennsylvania.
He has created and administrated programs for “at-risk” children in cities across North America, and has helped establish schools and universities in several developing countries. A media commentator on religious, social and political matters, he has appeared on television shows including, Nightline, Crossfire, The Charlie Rose Show, Larry King Live, CNN Dayside, CNN News and MSNBC News.
An author of more than 30 books, his latest, The God of Intimacy and Action, was released in July 2007. Also an ordained minister, Dr. Campolo has served American Baptist Churches in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, and is currently an associate pastor of the Mount Carmel Baptist Church in West Philadelphia.
- TONIGHT: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- MAY 30: New York City Fish Count
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>