Remembering Harry Webster (1908-2007)
A dear friend of Nyack and Alliance Theological Seminary, Rev. Harry W. Webster, went home to be with the Lord on Saturday, September 22. He was known to many as pastor, church planter, and military chaplain, as well as husband and father. A gifted artisan, his stained glass handiwork graces windows at ATS Rockland and in Pardington Hall on the Nyack Rockland County campus.
Several gatherings this week will honor Mr. Webster’s life: A viewing will be held Wednesday, September 26 at Fairhaven Mortuary, 1702 Fairhaven Ave., Santa Ana, CA; A graveside Military Committal Service on Thursday, September 27 at 10:00 at Crystal Cathedral Memorial Gardens, 12141 Lewis Street, Garden Grove, CA; and a Christian memorial service on Friday, September 28 at 1:30 p.m. at the Community Bible Church, Town & Country Manor, 555 East Memory Lane, Santa Ana, CA with an informal reception of the Manor’s Garden Room.
Rev. Webster was known for his generosity to both Nyack College and Alliance Theological Seminary through several scholarships that he established, the first of which was the Harry Webster Scholarship, a $100,000 endowment that has helped dozens of ATS students pursue their seminary degrees.
A poignant snapshot that beautifully capsulizes Mr. Webster’s 99 years of service to The Christian and Missionary Alliance and to the Body of Christ, can be read in its entirety at http://www.nyack.edu/?page=WebsterEndowment
- Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Men's Golf Team Headed to 2015 NCAA Championship Competition
- Two Operas! Two Days! Prof. Shelley Jameson, Director
- LAST WEEKEND for Spring Production of The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon
- Browse Blog Archive>>