Nyack Remembers the Victims of September 11th
Today, Nyack College mourns the loss of the innocent victims of 9/11. Like each of you, we remember that day like it was yesterday. Together we prayed that survivors would be located and watched as rescue workers heroically dug through debris to find victims without concern for their own well being.
As many of you know, our Manhattan campus is just seven blocks from the former World Trade Center site. On that tragic morning staff members called to inform us of the events that they witnessed from the windows of our small chapel on the 10th floor. Thankfully, all of our faculty, staff, and students, many who were emerging from the subway beneath the World Trade Center, were spared from injury.
Unfortunately, a close friend of the college and former trustee, Fred Price, lost 68 partners, colleagues, and friends from Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P. Today, we ask that each of you remember those from the firm of Sandler O’Neill who were lost and pray for their families, friends, and, most importantly, children who are left behind. A remembrance can be found at www.sandleroneillfamily.com.
A month prior to September 11, 2001 we signed a lease that would more than quadruple our campus in New York City. This fall more than twelve hundred students will study at our campus in lower Manhattan. The days, months, and years since 9/11 have brought significant challenges for our city campus. In many ways, like others in the city, we are still recovering from the shock and devastation that we witnessed.
Despite the challenges and constant threat of other terrorist events we remain committed to building our campus in New York City. Now more than ever we see the need for providing accredited Christian education and seminary training to the greatest city in the world. We encourage you to remember those who were lost and commit with us to serve this great city.
Michael G. Scales, Ed.D.
Nyack College & Alliance Theological Seminary
- Official Statement in Response to Media Announced Law Suit
- MA in Mental Health Counseling Online Approved by NYS Education Department
- School of Music Reunion with Dr. John McArthur
- OCT 17: Fall Fishing
- October 17: Homecoming Block Party!
- Woman: A Rite of Passage Initiation Ceremony Held
- Dr. Mark Nanos Welcomed to Nyack NYC for AJCO Colloquia Series
- Peter Irvine, 2015 School of Business and Leadership Keynote Speaker Coming October 13
- A HOMECOMING HIT! The Running Warrior 3K Walk & 5K Road Race
- Nyack on U.S. News & World Report 2016 Best Colleges Diversity List
- NYC Campus Library Gets a New Name
- The Names by Billy Collins
- ATS Alumnus/Author Dimas Salaberrios, a Fox & Friends Guest
- Homecoming 2015: Nyack Alumni, Prepare to Dine!
- The Loss of AGSC Colleague, Dr. James Chin
- Forum on Restorative Justice Features Nyack Professor
- Math Prof Conducts Research at Seoul International Christian Academy in Korea
- Inspiration for a New Academic Year at Nyack/ATS
- School of Music: Trading Textbooks for iPads
- Peter Rohdin: Responding to God's Call
- Women Warrior Teams Honored for Sportsmanship...the Ninth Straight Year
- Nyack/ATS Loses a Dear Friend
- Nyack College Represented in Journal News STEM Education Feature
- RELEASE: iSucceed at Nyack College
- TBN Segment With Nyack Students Airs on Homelessness in NYC
- Browse Blog Archive>>