Nyack Remembers the Victims of September 11th
Today, Nyack College mourns the loss of the innocent victims of 9/11. Like each of you, we remember that day like it was yesterday. Together we prayed that survivors would be located and watched as rescue workers heroically dug through debris to find victims without concern for their own well being.
As many of you know, our Manhattan campus is just seven blocks from the former World Trade Center site. On that tragic morning staff members called to inform us of the events that they witnessed from the windows of our small chapel on the 10th floor. Thankfully, all of our faculty, staff, and students, many who were emerging from the subway beneath the World Trade Center, were spared from injury.
Unfortunately, a close friend of the college and former trustee, Fred Price, lost 68 partners, colleagues, and friends from Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P. Today, we ask that each of you remember those from the firm of Sandler O’Neill who were lost and pray for their families, friends, and, most importantly, children who are left behind. A remembrance can be found at www.sandleroneillfamily.com.
A month prior to September 11, 2001 we signed a lease that would more than quadruple our campus in New York City. This fall more than twelve hundred students will study at our campus in lower Manhattan. The days, months, and years since 9/11 have brought significant challenges for our city campus. In many ways, like others in the city, we are still recovering from the shock and devastation that we witnessed.
Despite the challenges and constant threat of other terrorist events we remain committed to building our campus in New York City. Now more than ever we see the need for providing accredited Christian education and seminary training to the greatest city in the world. We encourage you to remember those who were lost and commit with us to serve this great city.
Michael G. Scales, Ed.D.
Nyack College & Alliance Theological Seminary
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Director of Ensemble Is a Nominee for Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
- Lynette Rhett, Nyack NYC Student Releases CD--Come Jesus Come
- Distance Ed Roster Grows at Nyack /ATS
- Browse Blog Archive>>