Nyack Remembers the Victims of September 11th
Today, Nyack College mourns the loss of the innocent victims of 9/11. Like each of you, we remember that day like it was yesterday. Together we prayed that survivors would be located and watched as rescue workers heroically dug through debris to find victims without concern for their own well being.
As many of you know, our Manhattan campus is just seven blocks from the former World Trade Center site. On that tragic morning staff members called to inform us of the events that they witnessed from the windows of our small chapel on the 10th floor. Thankfully, all of our faculty, staff, and students, many who were emerging from the subway beneath the World Trade Center, were spared from injury.
Unfortunately, a close friend of the college and former trustee, Fred Price, lost 68 partners, colleagues, and friends from Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P. Today, we ask that each of you remember those from the firm of Sandler O’Neill who were lost and pray for their families, friends, and, most importantly, children who are left behind. A remembrance can be found at www.sandleroneillfamily.com.
A month prior to September 11, 2001 we signed a lease that would more than quadruple our campus in New York City. This fall more than twelve hundred students will study at our campus in lower Manhattan. The days, months, and years since 9/11 have brought significant challenges for our city campus. In many ways, like others in the city, we are still recovering from the shock and devastation that we witnessed.
Despite the challenges and constant threat of other terrorist events we remain committed to building our campus in New York City. Now more than ever we see the need for providing accredited Christian education and seminary training to the greatest city in the world. We encourage you to remember those who were lost and commit with us to serve this great city.
Michael G. Scales, Ed.D.
Nyack College & Alliance Theological Seminary
- Friday, May 29: Nyack Alumnus Charles Galbreath, a 2015 C&MA Council Speaker
- Nyack NYC Rock-o-Nomix Team: You Voted! They Won!
- Nyack College/ATS Empower 2015
- New York City Fish Count
- Tappan Zee Bridge Evening Travel Advisory May 18-22
- 2015 Hudson River Pianofest at Nyack College Rockland
- Nyack ATS Commencement 2015
- Bench Dedication Procession to Memorial Park Led by Nyack College Music Students
- A Rite of Passage to Womanhood for 25 Nyack Seniors
- ACL Student Research Award Winner
- New Beta Psi Chapter of Chi Alpha Epsilon Honor Society Members Inducted
- Nyack College/Alliance Theological Seminary 2015 Commencement
- Gone Fishing...
- A Day of Master Classes and Music Clinics for High School Music Students from Michigan
- Twenty-five Nyack College Contributors to SEA-PHAGES Research
- Browse Blog Archive>>