Nyack Remembers the Victims of September 11th
Today, Nyack College mourns the loss of the innocent victims of 9/11. Like each of you, we remember that day like it was yesterday. Together we prayed that survivors would be located and watched as rescue workers heroically dug through debris to find victims without concern for their own well being.
As many of you know, our Manhattan campus is just seven blocks from the former World Trade Center site. On that tragic morning staff members called to inform us of the events that they witnessed from the windows of our small chapel on the 10th floor. Thankfully, all of our faculty, staff, and students, many who were emerging from the subway beneath the World Trade Center, were spared from injury.
Unfortunately, a close friend of the college and former trustee, Fred Price, lost 68 partners, colleagues, and friends from Sandler O’Neill + Partners, L.P. Today, we ask that each of you remember those from the firm of Sandler O’Neill who were lost and pray for their families, friends, and, most importantly, children who are left behind. A remembrance can be found at www.sandleroneillfamily.com.
A month prior to September 11, 2001 we signed a lease that would more than quadruple our campus in New York City. This fall more than twelve hundred students will study at our campus in lower Manhattan. The days, months, and years since 9/11 have brought significant challenges for our city campus. In many ways, like others in the city, we are still recovering from the shock and devastation that we witnessed.
Despite the challenges and constant threat of other terrorist events we remain committed to building our campus in New York City. Now more than ever we see the need for providing accredited Christian education and seminary training to the greatest city in the world. We encourage you to remember those who were lost and commit with us to serve this great city.
Michael G. Scales, Ed.D.
Nyack College & Alliance Theological Seminary
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>