Dr. Fred Arzola, Nyack College, Director of Interdisciplinary Studies and Assistant Professor, Youth Ministry and Christian Education at the New York City campus will be a featured speaker at RELOAD New York, a one-day leadership training workshop for youth workers on Saturday, September 29, 2007 beginning at 9:15 a.m. at Christian Cultural Center, 12020 Flatlands Avenue in Brooklyn, NY.
The event is sponsored by Urban Youth Workers Institute (UYWI) based in Buena Park, CA. UYWI was founded in 1993 by Dr. Larry Acosta in Southern California as an offspring of the Hispanic Ministry Center (HMC), a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, in response to the needs of young people and their families in urban Hispanic neighborhoods.
Workshop topics at the New York event include:
· Making Your Youth Ministry Relevant Without Compromise
· From Fed Up to Filled Up: The Personal Life of the Urban Youth Worker
· Understanding Hip-Hop to Reach the Hip-Hop Influenced Generation
· Sharing Our Faith in a Faithless World
· Mooks, Midriffs, Myspace & More
· Rebuilding a Fatherless Generation
· Real Steps to Dealing With the Gang Issue in Your Community
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. The cost is $15.00 in advance; $20.00 at the door. Breakfast and lunch are included in the registration fee. For more information, visit www.uywi.org.