RELOAD New York
Dr. Fred Arzola, Nyack College, Director of Interdisciplinary Studies and Assistant Professor, Youth Ministry and Christian Education at the New York City campus will be a featured speaker at RELOAD New York, a one-day leadership training workshop for youth workers on Saturday, September 29, 2007 beginning at 9:15 a.m. at Christian Cultural Center, 12020 Flatlands Avenue in Brooklyn, NY.
The event is sponsored by Urban Youth Workers Institute (UYWI) based in Buena Park, CA. UYWI was founded in 1993 by Dr. Larry Acosta in Southern California as an offspring of the Hispanic Ministry Center (HMC), a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, in response to the needs of young people and their families in urban Hispanic neighborhoods.
Workshop topics at the New York event include:
· Making Your Youth Ministry Relevant Without Compromise
· From Fed Up to Filled Up: The Personal Life of the Urban Youth Worker
· Understanding Hip-Hop to Reach the Hip-Hop Influenced Generation
· Sharing Our Faith in a Faithless World
· Mooks, Midriffs, Myspace & More
· Rebuilding a Fatherless Generation
· Real Steps to Dealing With the Gang Issue in Your Community
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. The cost is $15.00 in advance; $20.00 at the door. Breakfast and lunch are included in the registration fee. For more information, visit www.uywi.org.
- Nyack's Historic Excavation: Something to Write Home About
- Nyack Counseling Professor and Students to be Published
- Nyack Reps in the Nation's Capital for Second Chance Pell Grant Meetings
- Nyack College Among Top 50 Most Diverse U.S. Campuses
- Director of Ensemble Is a Nominee for Gospel Music Association Award
- Tunesha Crispell, Nyack NYC School of Music Alumna, Gone Too Soon
- Epoch Times Features Composer and Nyack Music Prof William Vollinger
- Associate Dean Luis Carlo Receives Kudos for Service to ATS
- JULY 10 & 14: Anthony Vaval ('16) Grad Featured on Dennis Dillon Show
- Dr. Barbara Austin-Lucas, First Female Bishop-Designate for Dunamis Covenant Connection
- Days Away from Nyack's Historic Archaeological Dig
- Carlos Cuestas ('09), A Classical Guitar Act
- Rev. Dave Nguyen and the Vietnamese Alliance Church Celebrate an Anniversary
- Honoring the Life of Dr. Thomas P. Bailey, Sr.
- Nyack College Among 67 Schools Participating in the Second Chance Program
- iSucceed at Nyack Is a School of Music Success
- Lauren Lebo Named 2016 Women's Lacrosse Coaches Association’s Division II Scholar-Athlete of the Year!
- Dr. Gabriel Salguero, Former Alliance Theological Seminary Professor Comforts Floridians
- Biola U Students Welcomed to Nyack's Battery Park/Wall Street Prayer Meeting
- Music Alumni Perform With Shining Lights Prison Ministry Tour
- Live at Carnegie Hall...Nyack College NYC Chorale!
- Nyack -- A Founding Partner of the Fair Chance Higher Education Pledge
- Daniela Guirola (NC '15) Gives Music Project Proceeds to Guatemalan Non-Profit
- Lynette Rhett, Nyack NYC Student Releases CD--Come Jesus Come
- Distance Ed Roster Grows at Nyack /ATS
- Browse Blog Archive>>