A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
At Nyack College we’re observing Black History Month 2018 by presenting a series of short profiles written by members of our faculty and staff. The features pay homage to an African American individual who inspired and encouraged their faith journey. These personal experiences are illustrations that affirm the widely adopted practice of mentoring in our campus community. These are our four February features.
Name a person who had a significant influence on your faith journey.
Henry Graham Scott (1918-2017), Mentor.
Share how this individual helped shape your life as a Christian.
Reverend Henry Scott has been my spiritual father and mentor all of my teenage years and all of my adult life. My biological father passed away suddenly in 1985. Rev. Scott and my father, James Robertson, were close friends. My dad was a deacon at Cornerstone Baptist Church. After the death of my father, I adopted Reverend Scott to be my spiritual father as he continued in the role of mentor.
Every adult decision I have made since the passing of my father, I have consulted with Reverend Scott. He had the gift of encouragement. He would encourage you to have faith, pray, have perseverance, and work hard. He had many quotes that were legendary among his apprentices. One of my favorites is, "I pray about something and then I get up off my knees and help God answer my prayer." I give God thanks for the ministry of nurture and encouragement of Rev. Henry Scott.
Dr. Cleotha Robertson
Assistant Professor Old Testament
Alliance Theological Seminary, New York City
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>