Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
Prof. Beverley Locke recently announced that “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings,” a Get Creative event will be presented on Thursday, February 22 from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. at Nyack College in President’s Hall, 185 South Highland Blvd., in Nyack (Shuman Hall). The gathering which echoes the title of a poem by Maya Angelou is hosted by the Nyack College Writing Center, directed by Prof. Locke, in observance of Black History Month.
The evening includes a screening of the award-winning documentary on the Civil Rights Movement in America, “Eyes on the Prize (Part II).” A discussion about the film will be led by a panel of faculty, staff and students including Ms. Grace Anger, Rev. Katrina Huffman, Mr. Steven Locke, Dr. Kevin Pinkham and Mrs. Deborah Walker. Spoken word performances will also be a highlight of the event.
This event will be repeated at the New York City campus, 2 Washington Street on Monday, February 26 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in The Pavilion (Room 2130).
Admission is free and all are welcome.
Learn more about the Writing Center and its offices on Nyack's Rockland and Manhattan campuses.
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>