Nyack's WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio Airs Black History Month Features
Nyack College Department of Communications Chair and Program Director Dr. Sharron Greaves, has announced that in observance of Black History Month WNYK 88.7 FM Warrior Radio, will celebrate the contributions of African Americans to our nation. These tributes will feature profiles of prominent or unsung men and women. The highlights will air daily with regular rotation on WNYK.
“The forerunner of Black History Month was established in 1926 in the United States by Carter G. Woodson and the Association for the Study of Negro Life and History. It was first known as "Negro History Week” and was observed annually the second week of February. University of Chicago and Harvard University-educated Woodson is said to have chosen that week because it fell during the week of the birthdates of U.S. President Abraham Lincoln and African American abolitionist, author and orator Frederick Douglass,” Dr. Greaves explains.
The Carter G. Woodson African American Museum carries on the legacy of Dr. Woodson, who died in 1950. The mission of the museum is to “preserve, present, and interpret African American history and to engage a broad and diverse audience.”
Continuing that tradition of preserving black history, the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History & Culture opened its doors in Washington, D.C. in September 2016.
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>