Nyack Scholarship and Global Engagement Director Heads Peace and Hope International
Dr. Vilma "Nina" Balmaceda is Nyack College's founding director of the Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement. The Fulbright Scholar earned her law degree from the Pontifical Catholic University's School of Law in Lima, Peru and master's degrees in international peace studies and in government and international studies, as well as a doctorate in political science from the University of Notre Dame.
Dr. Balmaceda is also president of Peace and Hope International, an organization dedicated to mobilizing individuals and communities to advocate for social justice and other issues affecting the poor and to educate communities on peace-building in South America.
"After serving in Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador for the past 22 years, this year Peace and Hope International is expanding operations to Brazil, Colombia and Chile," Dr. Balmaceda shares. A promotional video describes the exciting work that she is directing.
- FEB 24: Prof. Shelley Jameson and School of Music Alumnae in Concert
- FEB 25: Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- FEB 27: Dr. Anita Underwood, a WMCA Networking Breakfast Panelist
- FEB 28: Deadline for Endowed Scholarship Applications
- FEB 28 Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Nyack New York City School of Music Student on "Harry" TV Show
- Screening of Documentary, "13th"
- Katalina Padilla: Being the Change
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Dr. Cleotha Robertson
- Feb 15: Screening of "13th" on Nyack Rockland Campus
- School of Education Dean Updates Program Accreditations
- Browse Blog Archive>>