CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
Nyack College put out the welcome mat for Christian higher education colleague, Rahn Franklin, director of multicultural student development and a campus leader of diversity initiatives at Northwestern College in Orange City, Iowa. This year, Rahn is a participant in the Multi-Ethnic Leadership Development Institute (M-E LDI) sponsored by the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU), which provides training for emerging leaders of color from all its member campuses.
After describing his career aspirations with M-E LDI leadership, for his shadowing experience in, he was paired with Nyack’s Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dr. David Turk. Dr. Turk has an extensive role in Nyack’s diversity practices that have been nationally recognized in its student, faculty and staff population and recently contributed a chapter to the 2017 book, "Diversity Matters."
With a full, three-day itinerary of meetings with campus leaders, Rahn (pictured with Resident Life staff, (l) Marco Pazmiño, Moseley Hall Area Coordinator and (r) Louis Sanchez, Moseley Hall Residence Director) was impressed with the “distinguished prestige and charm” and the “new energy in the heart of the City among diverse constituents” at the two New York campuses. Like many past campus guests, he observed the strong emphasis on mentoring students on both the residential and commuter campuses, which he observes “enhances relationships and promotes the “Beloved Community.” Rahn also admires Nyack’s approach to its Higher Education Opportunity Program that has tools in place to help students thrive.
With his schedule of morning to evening appointments over the course of his brief stay, Rahn concludes that, "the most impressive element at each campus is the community commitment to synergistically tie word and deed throughout the life of the institiution."
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>