Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
The New York City chapter of the national Christian Medical and Dental Associations (CMDA) recently held its “Critical Care for the Soul” conference at Nyack College's campus at 2 Washington Street near Battery Park in Manhattan.
The daylong event offered a time of reflection, fellowship and learning for medical professionals (some participants pictured above) who serve in New York City, New Jersey, Westchester and Long Island. Dr. Ronald Walborn, dean of Alliance Theological seminary presented a powerful devotion from John 8 on Jesus’ ability to look beneath behavior to capture hearts. Alliance Graduate School of Counseling professor, Dr. Elaine Eng, spoke on “Discovering Your Spiritual Specialty.” Other speakers included Dr. Richard Johnson (“Caring for Our Marriages”), Dr. Sathya Theodore, (“For Heaven’s Sake, Take Care of Yourself”), and Dr. Margaret Yoon (“Parenting and Caring for our Families”). Dr. Meredith Hawkins concluded the day with prayer.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>