RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Students and faculty of Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico (STPR) the Alliance Theological Seminary campus in Puerto Rico) will impact their surrounding neighborhood next Saturday, December 2, 2017 by providing supplies and essential items to the residents of the area. They will distribute water, non-perishable food, toiletries and other needed assistance such as psychological counseling services.
In addition, food vouchers have been distributed to more than 146 people through a contribution of $6,000 from the Council of Churches of Puerto Rico. To date, this number includes 51 children, 90 adults and five senior citizens.
"We do not want our neighbors to see students just entering a building to study, but also to know the human side of our school--men and women committed to spreading the gospel by ministering to others, and also doing social work during these dramatic moments that Puerto Rico is going through," says STPR's Executive Director Dr. Julio Aponte.
Dr. Aponte asks for our prayer support so that the STPR team will make an influential impact on the people they will reach.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>