Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
The second edition of the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings has been released. Editorial Director Phil Baty writes in a cover letter accompanying the publication, “Rather than rewarding colleges for educating “better” students, we created a ranking that rewards colleges for educating students better.”
Again Nyack College is on the 2018 list of top 20 colleges and universities for environment and has moved from the #17 spot, shared with five other institutions in 2017, to #13 shared with three other institutions. Nyack has also moved up from the 800+ level ranking to the 600 level.
The four “pillars” ranked are resources, engagement, outcomes and environment. In the environment category, a variety of measures of diversity in the student and faculty population are weighed. Among those factors examined at each institution are ethnic diversity, economic diversity (the proportion of students who receive Pell Grants), the proportion of students who are first generation degree earners and the proportion of international students at the institution.
Learn more about the 2018 College Rankings.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>