Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
The second edition of the Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings has been released. Editorial Director Phil Baty writes in a cover letter accompanying the publication, “Rather than rewarding colleges for educating “better” students, we created a ranking that rewards colleges for educating students better.”
Again Nyack College is on the 2018 list of top 20 colleges and universities for environment and has moved from the #17 spot, shared with five other institutions in 2017, to #13 shared with three other institutions. Nyack has also moved up from the 800+ level ranking to the 600 level.
The four “pillars” ranked are resources, engagement, outcomes and environment. In the environment category, a variety of measures of diversity in the student and faculty population are weighed. Among those factors examined at each institution are ethnic diversity, economic diversity (the proportion of students who receive Pell Grants), the proportion of students who are first generation degree earners and the proportion of international students at the institution.
Learn more about the 2018 College Rankings.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>