Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
What do Warriors do? They fight!
Nyack College Warriors fight, but not just on the court or on the field. In fact, Nyack athletes recently demonstrated the power of Christ’s love through a campaign organized by Katalina Padilla, a School of Nursing student who hails from Las Cruces, NM. Through Katalina’s effort to spearhead a “Pink Out,” the Athletics Department and the Office of Health Services joined forces to raise the visibility of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
“To whom much is given, much is required” is a scripture reflected in Katalina’s work ethic to handle the various roles she undertakes. She is in her senior year of studies in Nyack’s rigorous nursing program, serves as the office manager of Nyack’s Health Services, is a member of the 2017-2018 Warrior softball team and student athletic advisory committee and a participant in Nyack’s rite of passage program, Woman.
Taking on the “Pink Out” project was a first-time effort for her, but the successful results speak volumes about her strong leadership skills. By collaborating with team captains, she and her fellow athletes came up with the motto “Warriors Fight Strong” and created the logo designed for t-shirts. Women’s volleyball and both Men’s and Women’s Soccer teams shed their usual crimson red and white gear in October, wore their hot pink t-shirts and won all of their games that month!
Not only has Katalina been a student fully invested in the campus community, but she acknowledges that the Nyack campus community has invested in her. She admits that her focus in her first years at Nyack was on playing her sport and earning her degree. Today she credits her Nyack experience for the spiritual growth, the great teammates and great friends she has gained.
Read the blog post written by Katalina about her month of victoriously raising breast cancer awareness.
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>