Nyack Music Professor Damien Sneed on Stage at Carnegie Hall
Damien Sneed, recently appointed Nyack College NYC School of Music Chorale Director, will take the stage on Monday, October 9, 8:00 p.m. at Weill Recital Hall, Carnegie Hall, West 57th Street and Seventh Avenue in Manhattan as accompanist for German-born baritone Justin Austin, National Association of Negro Musicians, Inc. vocal performance scholarship winner.
Previously an adjunct professor at Nyack’s New York City campus, Prof. Sneed teaches conducting, private lessons in piano and voice lessons. He also works with Nyack's Collegium Musicum.
Justin Austin is a 2016 Schwab Vocal Rising Star with Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts, and has performed with the New York Festival Of Song in their Emerging Artist Series as well as with Opera Theatre of Saint Louis as a Richard Gaddes Festival Artist.
Works by Bolcom, Bonds, Brahms, Cavalli, Flaherty, Hayes, Marsalis, Rodgers, Schubert, Sneed and Wolf will be performed.
Learn more about the recital.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>