Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
Student-athletes at Nyack College do more than play to win. They win by giving.
Nyack’s Lady Warrior’s Soccer team has doubled their efforts to engage the fight against pediatric cancer. This month and continuing in October, Cancer Awareness Month, members of the team are volunteering in the Child Life Program at Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center.
The team is fundraising under the umbrella of Vs. Cancer, whose mission “as a signature fundraising campaign of the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation” is to split proceeds “between child life programs in local hospitals and national pediatric brain tumor research.” There are two ways to support this initiative. Visit the Nyack page and click on the “Donate” button to support the Nyack Women’s Soccer Team. Half of the proceeds the Warriors collect will go to Vs. Cancer and half to The Children’s Hospital at Montefiore Medical Center. You may also click on the “Join the Team” button and create your own fundraising page that you can share with family and friends.
Nyack’ s Head Women’s Soccer Coach Jodel Wright and the Nyack Lady Warriors will welcome two representatives from Montefiore’s Children’s Hospital to the Rockland County campus on Thursday, October 12 from 1:00-2:00 p.m. in Boon Campus Center (Palisades/Hudson Rooms). The speakers will acquaint students with The Phoebe H. Stein Child Life Program at Montefiore. This event is a kick-off to the Vs. Cancer Awareness game on Saturday, October 14 at noon during Homecoming, when Nyack will compete against Georgian Court University.
Come out and cheer them on in this especially significant game during their fundraising efforts!
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>