ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
Dr. Ron Walborn, dean of Alliance Theological Seminary (front row, second from far right), is in Ho Chi Minh City this week participating in another historic moment for Tin Lanh Church and the thriving body of 1.5 million believers in The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Vietnam.
Dr. Walborn, (pictured with the inaugural master's level class) will teach a Foundations in Ministry course at the Vietnam Institute of Bible and Theology, Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. “I am blessed and honored to be their first professor in a 36-credit rotation (12 three-credit courses),” he explains. There are only 400 trained pastors serving this enormous body of believers in Vietnam.
The gratitude for Dr. Walborn's visit was apparent in an anecdote he shared about his students' level of respect for him. "I finished a lecture before 11:30 and dismissed my students for lunch. Nobody moved as I began to check my email and Facebook. They sat quietly not interrupting me. Finally after ten minutes I asked, 'Why are you guys still here?'The spokesman for the group stood to his feet and quietly said, 'We won't leave until you pray for us, Sir. Please pray for us.' Tears, tears, tears. I love these gentle men of God."
Before returning to the States, he added, “I preach on Sunday in a large 3,000 member church and fly home Sunday night. I have a 14-hour layover in Seoul Korea and will meet with the President and leaders of Seoul Theological University.”
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>