Dr. Marie White Recognized by American Educational Research Association
Dr. Marie White, Nyack College School of Education professor was recently honored by the American Educational Research Association (AERA) at its 2017 conference. AERA is a national research society whose mission is to “advance knowledge about education, to encourage scholarly inquiry related to education, and to promote the use of research to improve education and serve the public good."
Dr. White completed her time as chair of an AERA Special Interest Groups (SIGs) for the past eight years and will continue as a member. SIGs provide a forum within AERA for people who connect through a common interest in a field of study, teaching, or research when the existing divisional structure may not directly facilitate such activity.
The Studying and Self Regulated Learned Special Interest Group is one of the largest in AERA and has members such as reknown researchers and authors Dale Schunk, Barry Zimmerman, Phil Winne, and Christopher Wolters who have all contributed to the strong recognition of self-regulation as critical to learning. The officers who presented the award are known educational psychologists and top researchers in the field of learning with international recognition for their work . The officers are Roger Acevedo, North Carolina State University; Tim Cleary, Rutgers University; Linda Bol,Old Dominion University; Adam Moylan, Rockman Institute; Peggy Chen, Hunter College; Stacy De Zutter, Millsaps College; Stephen Aguilar, University of Southern California; Taylor Acee, University of Texas and Hefer Bembenutty, Queens College.
Dr. Marie White is the co-author of Self-Regulation and the Common Core: Application to ELA Standards. The Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts with Dr. Maria K. DiBenedetto
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>