Dr. Marie White Recognized by American Educational Research Association
Dr. Marie White, Nyack College School of Education professor was recently honored by the American Educational Research Association (AERA) at its 2017 conference. AERA is a national research society whose mission is to “advance knowledge about education, to encourage scholarly inquiry related to education, and to promote the use of research to improve education and serve the public good."
Dr. White completed her time as chair of an AERA Special Interest Groups (SIGs) for the past eight years and will continue as a member. SIGs provide a forum within AERA for people who connect through a common interest in a field of study, teaching, or research when the existing divisional structure may not directly facilitate such activity.
The Studying and Self Regulated Learned Special Interest Group is one of the largest in AERA and has members such as reknown researchers and authors Dale Schunk, Barry Zimmerman, Phil Winne, and Christopher Wolters who have all contributed to the strong recognition of self-regulation as critical to learning. The officers who presented the award are known educational psychologists and top researchers in the field of learning with international recognition for their work . The officers are Roger Acevedo, North Carolina State University; Tim Cleary, Rutgers University; Linda Bol,Old Dominion University; Adam Moylan, Rockman Institute; Peggy Chen, Hunter College; Stacy De Zutter, Millsaps College; Stephen Aguilar, University of Southern California; Taylor Acee, University of Texas and Hefer Bembenutty, Queens College.
Dr. Marie White is the co-author of Self-Regulation and the Common Core: Application to ELA Standards. The Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts with Dr. Maria K. DiBenedetto
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- Browse Blog Archive>>