Remembering Dr. Rexford Boda, President Emeritus (1933-2017)
Saying “so long” to the pillars in our campus community is always a bittersweet occasion—bitter because their transition creates a void; sweet because we know to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
Nyack College President Emeritus, Dr. Rexford Boda, went home to be with the Lord on Friday, August 4.
Dr. Boda served as 10th president from 1988 to 1993. Prior to being appointed president of Nyack College, he served on the faculty of Canadian Bible College (CBC) as director of General Studies (1965-1971), academic dean of Canadian Bible College/Canadian Theological Seminary (CTS) and became president of CBC/CTS in 1979.
Countless memories of Dr. Boda will be recalled by faculty, staff, alumni and friends of the College. The 1958 alumnus so loved sharing Nyack history, that he was often called upon to write or speak about his alma mater. The College’s alumni magazine featured his recounting of the graduates martyred in Vietnam because of their faith. Dr. Boda was a lecturer and campus tour guide at more than one Homecoming Weekend. He was tapped to represent the College as narrator of The 14th Annual John Scott Armchair Walking Tour sponsored by the Historical Society of the Nyacks and The Friends of the Nyacks. The slideshow, “Nyack College—High on a Nyack Hill” was presented at the Valley Cottage Library in Rockland County in 2009.
Dr. Boda earned a Master of Science in education from SUNY Cortland, a Master of Divinity from Westminster Theological Seminary and two Bachelor of Science degrees—from Nyack College and Cornell University. He was awarded an honorary Doctor of Divinity degree by Canadian Theological Seminary. A Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to him at the Nyack College Alumni and Friends Luncheon during the C&MA General Council in 2013.
Of all his accomplishments, family remained the pinnacle of his life—as a husband to his beloved Jean for nearly six decades, and as a loving father, grandfather and great-grandfather.
Rest in eternity, dear Sir.
PHOTO COLLAGE. Top left: with the late Dr. Thomas Bailey, Dr. Michael Scales and the late Dr. David Rambo; Top right: 2009 Homecoming Historical Lecture; Bottom left, 2007 Homecoming Campus Tour guide ; Bottom right, 50th wedding anniversary portrait with Mrs. Jean Boda.
- What Nyack Warriors Are Doing to Fight For Survivors of Recent Natural Disasters
- Nyack's Women's Soccer Team Fundraises for Pediatric Cancer Programs
- WNYK Interviews Borderline Music Performer, Dave Pettigrew
- Nyack Night at the Borderline Music Festival
- SEPT 21: The Write Down Features Fine Print Contributors
- Request for Prayer: Hurricane Maria Approaches Puerto Rico
- EMPOWER: Sixth Annual C&MA Certificate Program for Women Kicks Off
- Nyack College "Woman" Students Celebrated at Initiation Ceremony
- SEPT: 18-20 Stephen Fowler, Deeper Life Series Speaker
- SEPT 18: Interview of Building 429's Jason Roy to Re-air on WNYK 88FM
- Fall 2017 Colloquium Series Hosted by Nyack's Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement
- Nyack College on U.S. News & World Report 2018 #BestColleges List
- SEPT 28: Biblical Archaeology Society and Nyack's Center for The Study of Ancient Judaism & Christian Origins NYC Event
- Free Coney Island Concert Nyack's Damien Sneed with Gospel Great, Shirley Caesar
- Nyack Rockland Dean's Personal 9/11 Reflection
- ATS Dean in Vietnam to Teach First Seminary Graduate Level Course
- UPDATE: ATS/Nyack Campus in Puerto Rico
- Diversity Matters: Race, Ethnicity, & The Future of Christian Higher Education
- Listening Party for ISAIAH VELEZ
- Jesus Week Appreciation Banquet, Sept. 7 @6:30 PM
- Youth Pastors Fellowship at Nyack College NYC
- Dan Bailey Named to the CACC Hall of Fame
- An NCLEX-RN Exam Victory for Class of 2017 Alumnae
- Nyack College - A Borderline Music Festival Sponsor
- Andrew Iwaskow, Nyack Alumnus Named Executive VP at Tailored Brands, Inc.
- Browse Blog Archive>>