Remembering Dr. Rexford Boda, President Emeritus (1933-2017)
Saying “so long” to the pillars in our campus community is always a bittersweet occasion—bitter because their transition creates a void; sweet because we know to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.
Nyack College President Emeritus, Dr. Rexford Boda, went home to be with the Lord on Friday, August 4.
Dr. Boda served as 10th president from 1988 to 1993. Prior to being appointed president of Nyack College, he served on the faculty of Canadian Bible College (CBC) as director of General Studies (1965-1971), academic dean of Canadian Bible College/Canadian Theological Seminary (CTS) and became president of CBC/CTS in 1979.
Countless memories of Dr. Boda will be recalled by faculty, staff, alumni and friends of the College. The 1958 alumnus so loved sharing Nyack history, that he was often called upon to write or speak about his alma mater. The College’s alumni magazine featured his recounting of the graduates martyred in Vietnam because of their faith. Dr. Boda was a lecturer and campus tour guide at more than one Homecoming Weekend. He was tapped to represent the College as narrator of The 14th Annual John Scott Armchair Walking Tour sponsored by the Historical Society of the Nyacks and The Friends of the Nyacks. The slideshow, “Nyack College—High on a Nyack Hill” was presented at the Valley Cottage Library in Rockland County in 2009.
Dr. Boda earned a Master of Science in education from SUNY Cortland, a Master of Divinity from Westminster Theological Seminary and two Bachelor of Science degrees—from Nyack College and Cornell University. He was awarded an honorary Doctor of Divinity degree by Canadian Theological Seminary. A Lifetime Achievement Award was presented to him at the Nyack College Alumni and Friends Luncheon during the C&MA General Council in 2013.
Of all his accomplishments, family remained the pinnacle of his life—as a husband to his beloved Jean for nearly six decades, and as a loving father, grandfather and great-grandfather.
Rest in eternity, dear Sir.
PHOTO COLLAGE. Top left: with the late Dr. Thomas Bailey, Dr. Michael Scales and the late Dr. David Rambo; Top right: 2009 Homecoming Historical Lecture; Bottom left, 2007 Homecoming Campus Tour guide ; Bottom right, 50th wedding anniversary portrait with Mrs. Jean Boda.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>