RELEASE: Nyack College Opts In to the NYS Enhanced Tuition Award
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Nyack College Opts In to New York State
Tuition Discount Program
Private Colleges Find a Viable Counterpart
to NYS Free Tuition for State Schools
NYACK, NY--As New York State rolls out its free tuition program, officially known as the Excelsior Scholarship, exclusively for State University of New York (SUNY) and City University of New York (CUNY) schools, another initiative—the Enhanced Tuition Award (ETA)—is available for New York’s private colleges.
Nyack College is one of a half dozen Hudson Valley institutions of higher education and one of the 29 out of 95 New York private colleges that will opt in to the State’s ETA program, providing New York residents with a discounted tuition. The awards, which will be available to students beginning with the fall 2017 semester, can be a combination of a Tuition Assistance Plan (TAP) award, ETA and matching funds from participating colleges.
The NYS free tuition and NYS free college for State residents will potentially contribute to a workforce empowered by higher education. Similarly, Nyack College’s decision to opt in to the ETA reflects its longstanding commitment to an affordable, quality education in an intentionally diverse and personally transforming environment.
“Nyack College is dedicated to college affordability for all of our students. We have worked diligently to maintain affordable costs while simultaneously distributing student aid that facilitates access to students seeking private Christian college education, regardless of a student’s economic background,” says Nyack president, Dr. Michael G. Scales.
Students in associate or bachelor’s degree programs, who maintain passing grades and are on track to complete their degree on time, will be eligible to receive the tuition discount award. In addition to the 12-month State residency required prior to the term for which application is made, the student’s annual family income must be less than $100,000. Among other requirements, applicants must plan to live and work in New York for the same number of years for which the discount has been awarded. (i.e. Students who receive the discount for four years are required to live and work in New York for four years.) Individuals in an undergraduate program that is structured to be completed in five years are eligible to receive the award for the five years. If students do not maintain the requirements of eligibility, the award will be converted to a loan.
The ETA application is available now. The deadline for completing the application is August 21, 2017. Students can also email the Nyack College Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the ETA program at Nyack. See detailed information about undergraduate degrees offered at Nyack’s Rockland County and Manhattan campuses.
ABOUT NYACK COLLEGE
Nyack College was founded in 1882 by Dr. Albert Benjamin Simpson and currently serves more than 2,500 students in its undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and online degree programs. Nyack is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
- Nyack Athletes in the Kitchen for Community Thanksgiving Dinner
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Nyack College In Top 20 Schools for Environment on 2018 Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education U.S. College Rankings
- Christian Medical & Dental Association NYC Chapter Holds "Care for the Soul" Conference
- RELEASE: Nyack's Campus in Puerto Rico Leads Community Outreach
- WNYK 88.7FM November Alumni Spotlight: Grace Williams ('15)
- Dr. Lyndell O'Hara - Colloquium Speaker
- The Forum, Vol. 2., Issue 2
- Opening Day for National Hispanic Education Summit and Scholars Symposium
- NOV 8-9: Scholars Symposium and National Hispanic Education Summit at Nyack
- Seminario Teológico de Puerto Rico...Firm and Persevering!
- Nyack Warriors Fight Strong for Breast Cancer Awareness
- 2017 Seed to Harvest Seminar Hosted by Donna Baptiste Ministries
- '08 ATS Alumnus and Young Adults Pastor Adds Executive Director Role to Ministry
- Faculty Recital Features Dr. Tammy Lum
- Nyack Dean to Azusa Pacific Director: Coast to Coast Mentoring
- Nyack Warriors Basketball Podcast
- A Nyack College Cast Revives Lin-Manuel Miranda's "In the Heights"
- Puerto Rico Seminary Community Outreach to Families
- NOV 15: WMCA Radio 570AM Networking Breakfast at Nyack New York City Campus
- Behind the Project with Isaiah Velez
- Nyack School of Music Students Perform at Market Street Mission
- Center for Scholarship and Global Engagement Hosts Colloquium Series
- Prayer Summit 2017 With Dave Powers
- Browse Blog Archive>>