School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
Nyack College School of Education professors, Dr. Marie White and Prof. Miriam Velez (l-r) were recognized in the Summer 2017 Studying & Self-Regulated Learning SIG (Special Interest Groups) Newsletter. Their work was cited as “an illustration of the transformational power of global citizenship in this era of self-regulated science” and for their “comprehensive global citizenship approach to teacher education,” noting their global accomplishments in Honduras and the Philippines.
SIGs offer a platform within the American Educational Research Association (AERA) to connect people who have a common interest in a field of study, teaching or research. The two Nyack New York City campus professors co-authored Developing Self-regulation of Learning and Teaching Skills Among Teacher Candidates, with Héfer Bembenutty (Springer, 2015). Dr. White also co-authored, Self-Regulation and the Common Core: Application to ELA Standards (Routledge, 2015) with Maria DiBenedetto.
This Special Interest Group (SIG) recognition has notable significance because of the strong international readership, including many well-known leaders in teacher education research at prestigious universities. Dr. White is a former SSRL(Studying and Self-regulated Learning) SIG Chair.
Congratulations are in order for these two Nyack faculty members who serve their students and the institution with excellence and compassion.
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>