School of Ed Professors Recognized by American Educational Research Association
Nyack College School of Education professors, Dr. Marie White and Prof. Miriam Velez (l-r) were recognized in the Summer 2017 Studying & Self-Regulated Learning SIG (Special Interest Groups) Newsletter. Their work was cited as “an illustration of the transformational power of global citizenship in this era of self-regulated science” and for their “comprehensive global citizenship approach to teacher education,” noting their global accomplishments in Honduras and the Philippines.
SIGs offer a platform within the American Educational Research Association (AERA) to connect people who have a common interest in a field of study, teaching or research. The two Nyack New York City campus professors co-authored Developing Self-regulation of Learning and Teaching Skills Among Teacher Candidates, with Héfer Bembenutty (Springer, 2015). Dr. White also co-authored, Self-Regulation and the Common Core: Application to ELA Standards (Routledge, 2015) with Maria DiBenedetto.
This Special Interest Group (SIG) recognition has notable significance because of the strong international readership, including many well-known leaders in teacher education research at prestigious universities. Dr. White is a former SSRL(Studying and Self-regulated Learning) SIG Chair.
Congratulations are in order for these two Nyack faculty members who serve their students and the institution with excellence and compassion.
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>