Division of Student Success Dean Hosts STEM Event for Rockland Youth
Dr. Gwen Parker Ames (pictured), dean of the Nyack College Division of Student Success continues with an initiative to cultivate the interest of high school and middle school students in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering Math) fields.
A special event open to the public will take place on June 17 at Nyack College in Hilltop Classrooms on the Rockland County campus in Nyack. STEM demonstrations and presentations will be offered from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
An introduction to a Science and Technology Entry Program (STEP) program at Nyack funded by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) was launched in the spring to acquaint students with the various STEM fields. A summer program will run July 5 through August 3 and will meet in various Hilltop classrooms where students will be able to choose from a selection of science and technology classes.
Rockland County students from Nyack High, Ramapo High and Spring Valley High will participate. Middle school students are from Kakiat Elementary, Chestnut Ridge Middle School, Eldorado Elementary, Elmwood Elementary, Sacred Heart, Felix Festa Middle School, Highview Elementary, Bardonia Elementary and A. MacArthur Barr Middle School. Instructors will include Nyack College professors and professionals from outside companies. Most activities will be on campus; however, some field trips have been planned as well.
Busing will be provided to the campus from the various high schools. Parents may also transport students. Lunch will be available in the Nyack cafeteria.
For more information on this exciting new development for Rockland County students, contact the Division of Student Success at 845.675.4446
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>