Remembering Manuel Ocana: A Strong, Gentle Leader
The Nyack College Rockland campus was recently informed that Manuel Ocana, an Aramark housekeeping supervisor who in April celebrated his 10-year anniversary, passed away while visiting his family in Ecuador.
Director of the Nyack Facilities Department, Doug Walker had a special relationship with Manuel and shared about this exceptional man who was so well-loved in the campus community. “Manuel expressed how much he was looking forward to resting when he visited his family in Ecuador. He was a strong leader, yet soft-spoken and gentle, one who would come alongside to help get a project done. He was determined to help each individual do his or her tasks well. Richard Lopez, his supervisor, commented that Manuel was extremely neat and organized and this carried over to his team of housekeepers.”
On Manuel’s dedication to his job and the people he worked with, Doug Walker also remarked, “Monday mornings and throughout the week, Manuel would pray with his team before they set off to clean the Nyack and ATS residential campuses. His cheerful smile and encouragement to the entire Facilities team—both tradesmen and housekeepers—brightened our days. We will miss his smile and encouraging words.”
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Carol & Candlelight Tour Marks 69th Year
- WNYK Interviews Cast Members of "In the Heights"
- Browse Blog Archive>>