Nyack College Partners With Long Island School on NYS Presidential Scholarship
Nyack College has partnered with Suffolk County Community College (SCCC) in an initiative called the New York State Presidential Scholarship (NYSPS).
Nyack, known for its mission to provide access to affordable higher education—in many cases for students who are first generation degree earners, will grant a scholarship renewable annually to one candidate who has applied for admission by March 1 in the year preceding the planned enrollment.
Joan (pronounced Jō-Ahn) U Bolanos Martinez is this year’s recipient of the 2017 New York State Presidential Scholarship (NYSPS). He is one of three students selected for consideration who achieved the required cumulative grade point average of 3.7 or higher by the end of the third semester.
Born in Venezuela, Joan successfully completed ESL programs to master the English language after arriving in the States in 2014. He will fulfill his dream of earning his bachelor’s degree in business administration at Nyack’s Manhattan campus in Battery Park. “The NYSPS offers students like me the opportunity to pursue our academic goals. Nyack, in particular, combines academics with Christian values, which is one of the reasons I applied for admission,” shares Joan.
Pictured: (l-r) Nyack NYC Dean of Students Dr. Charles Hammond, Joan Martinez and School of Business and Leadership professor, Dr. Gerard Becker.
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- CCCU Leadership Institute Member Rahn Franklin Visits Nyack
- Browse Blog Archive>>