Nyack at its Best...Serving Others
Outreach to communities and organizations is a common Nyack College practice because service is such an integral part of the institution's DNA.
Nyack’s Athletics Department is just one campus group that exemplifies this commitment. As participants in the National Collegiate Athletic Association’s “NCAA® Team Works™ Helper Helper Community Service Competition,” Nyack student-athletes placed 11th in the nation for community outreach. January through March 2017, schools were ranked based on the number of service hours and percentage of participants.
The Women’s Basketball Team clocked some 400 hours alone. More 698 hours and 98% participation were volunteered by Nyack athletes for the NCAA® Team Works™ competition. During the 2016-2017 academic year, Warrior teams offered 1,690 hours in various activities.
One Rockland County non-profit, the Nyack Homeless Project, recently expressed appreciation for volunteer efforts of Nyack College students, faculty and staff. When the Homeless Project was awarded with a gift of $8,000 from Bill Kolb, Jr. Subaru of Rockland to support their mission of collecting food and clothing for the less fortunate, Nyack representatives were invited to be a part of the photo shoot during the presentation.
Representing Nyack in this photo are David D. Julien, Nyack Head Women's Basketball Coach (second from the left) and Dr. Christine Buel, a Nyack College School of Education professor (fourth from the left).
- Negocios Now "40 under 40" List Showcases Nyack Alumna Kathia Benitez
- March 15-17: Latino Pastoral Action Center Hosts 2018 Legacy Conference
- Music Faculty and Students Perform With Opera Star in Kansas City, MO
- Schedule Your Nyack College Visit
- MARCH 15: Writing Center's March Event: The Book of Elyon with Emmanuel Jean-Pierre
- MARCH 21: Bach's 333rd Birthday Bash!
- Metro District Women's Spring Retreat Registration In Progress
- Seminary Chapel Concludes Black History Month With Pastor Donna Baptiste
- Dr. Anita Underwood, a Panelist on Christian Radio Network
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: DeLissa Dixon
- Nyack Student Leaders at Christian Cultural Center's C3 Youth Ministry
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Althea Session-Lovett
- Nyack Alumna Tiffany Burnett ('05), a Boca Raton, FL Entrepreneur
- Spring Edition of The Forum Published
- OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Remembering God's General, Dr. Billy Graham
- Online Christian Colleges Ranks Nyack College
- Writing Center Presents "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"
- Shaun Jacobs-Patterson ('12) Named Senior Pastor at Trenton, NJ Church
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Isaac Foster
- Second Scholarship and Global Engagement Colloquium
- WNYK 88.7FM February Alumni Spotlight: Dr. Donald Paine
- Remembering Dr. Thomas H. Stebbins (NC '56)
- A Faith Journey Profile for Black History Month: Deborah Walker
- Nyack College New York City School of Music Ensemble Performs at The Kennedy Center
- Feb 17: Empower Open House at Alliance Theological Seminary Rockland
- Browse Blog Archive>>