Nyack Artists Featured in East Village Multimedia Showcase
A group of Nyack College alumni and current students gave new meaning to the phrase “if these walls could talk.” These Nyack artists spoke through their paintings, illustrations and photography on display at the intimate 400-square foot East Village Storefront in Manhattan.
Katie O’Sullivan, a Nyack College Honors Program alumna and 2016 summa cum laude English major, invited Nyack College students to participate in the event showcasing multimedia forms of art.
Katie is currently pursuing graduate studies in International Relations at New York University. She explains, “As part of NYU's Peer-to-Peer (P2P) 2017 campaign, "Common Place," our goal is to inspire ongoing conversations about community, identity, and diversity. The art show is part of a trio of events that aim to encourage people to share stories, embrace different perspectives, and express themselves.”
The work of alumni—artist Qian Ye (’12 BS, Communications; ’15 MSOL) and photographer, Tyrone Taylor (’15, Youth & Family Studies major)—was displayed. Two current Nyack students, Djulie Scaff (’18, music major, whose illustrations were on display, was joined by her cousin Christine Freitas (’18, Bible major). The duo provided music during the exhibition.
Pictured: top row: Katie O’Sullivan; middle row: (l-r) Tyrone Taylor and Qian Ye; bottom row: Djulie Scaff and Christine Freitas.
- School of Music Art Series Features Pianist Hui-Mei Lin
- Spiritual Life at Nyack College: Chapel Services
- Nyack/ATS Alumni Celebrate MLK Day in Israel
- C&MA Metro District Sponsors MORE: One-Day Retreat for Women
- Nyack's Men's Basketball Team Serves at Martin Luther King Day Breakfast
- Remembering the Warrior Who Dreamed: Civil Rights Leader, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Oral History Project in Nyack, NY features Alumnus Earl Miller
- New Student Orientation at Nyack NYC
- A Bible Translation's Impact on the View of Women in God's Story
- #nyackglobal, Where in the World Are You?
- Just One Grape: A 2017 P.S.
- The New Has Come!
- National Geographic Article on Nyack's Archaeological Dig Team Makes 2017 Editor's Favorites List
- Alliance Theological Seminary Dean Visits Extension Site in Puerto Rico
- Holiday Sales With a Social Purpose
- The Forum...Bringing Holiday Cheer
- WNYK 88.7FM December Alumni Spotlight: Caitlin Kerr
- An "In the Heights" Postscript
- A Year of Jubilee for the School of Education
- Dr. Louis DeCaro Awarded John Brown Society Silver Medal
- THE CAUSE: Supporting Educators in Urban Schools
- Nyack Students and Faculty in Christmas Music at the Mall
- Writing Center's "Grand Slam" Postponed Until Spring Semester
- A Christmas Tradition: The Festival of Lessons and Carols
- Four Women Volleyball Players on All-Academic Team
- Browse Blog Archive>>